1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a "good" Jew be a good American?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by reformedbeliever, May 1, 2007.

1. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

With the other thread going, why not hate someone of another religious persuasion, such as the Jewish. While we are on a hate roll, why not?

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Pssst.... Reformed I think you are forgetting that muslims are the new "untouchables". [​IMG] :laugh:

3. reformedbeliever

I do not deny that the Islamic faith is not exactly complimentary of Jews or Christians. We do not however need to take the Quran out of context to make a false statement look true. We can do that with the Bible huh? Many do. I wonder if we could make the Bible seem hateful? Lets go kill some homosexuals, how about it? There are plenty of them that are ramming their beliefs down the rest of straight America. Why not kill them all? The Bible commands it. That was sarcasm if you didn't know...........

4. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I agree. Sad isn't it? The way some Christians feel the need to preach death to all that is islamic, for purely political reasons, I might add. That is what it boils down to. Islamofascism is the new communism. I wonder what it will be in the next 20 years?

5. amity

amity New Member

Drawing inspiration from some Koranic verses that were quoted to show positively that Muslims want nothing more than to kill Christians, let me show you how I butchered the Bible. Never thought I would do that, but it is for a good and holy purpose. I plan to work on this and refine it a bit for service the next time someone comes up with some Koran for us:

And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people. Luke 22:2
    After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him. John 7:1
    Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Matthew 23:26-27
    But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed. John 7:49
    For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. Galatians 3:10
    Moreover the soul that shall touch any unclean thing, as the uncleanness of man, or any unclean beast, or any abominable unclean thing, and eat of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which pertain unto the LORD, even that soul shall be cut off from his people. Leviticus 7:21
    He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.Isaiah 66:3
    Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. Psalm 137:9
    Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. Isaiah 13:16
    But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. Deuteronomy 13:9

BTW, Reformed Believer, I would not say that Islam is hostile to Christianity. Christians have always had a protected status in Islam and although we are not seen as having the "whole truth," we are seen as worshippers of the same God and if not exactly "brothers," then at least "kissing cousins."

Meanwhile, with all due respect and appreciation for what you are trying to show here, I think this thread should be closed lest someone take us seriously. And I think the OTHER thread should have been closed already long ago.

#5 amity, May 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007
  6. reformedbeliever

Well i'm not a scholar in the Islamic faith. I'm trying to learn all I can about it. We are hosting a Shiite Muslim this next school year from Azerbaijan. I thought i'd try to understand a little about their religion before I begin to share mine with her.
    I must admit that there seems to be a lot of difference between the various translations of the Quran. Someone will quote the Quran and i'll go to look it up..... and it is not there. Many do take the Quran out of context, or better yet.... they just say something like webdog said, without knowing what it really says.

7. reformedbeliever

Bingo..............................

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is the most misinformed statement yet.
    The Muslims in both Sudan and Ethiopia make slaves out of Christians. We have documented video of this. Slavery still reigns--Christians being beaten into submission and living on a starvation diet at the mercy of the Muslims.
    Pakistani Christians are persecuted and their rights are denied on a daily basis.
    The same holds true in Lebanon, and in most other Islamic nations.
    Bible studies are not even permitted in Saudia Arabia.
    And yet you say that Islam is not hostile to Christianity." That is a blatant lie.

9. amity

amity New Member

Read these articles:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_the_Book
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhimmi
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millet_system

And while all this was going on in the Muslim countries, what was happening to Muslims and Jews in Christian countries? So let me rephrase that: Muslims are nowhere near as hostile to Christianity as Christians apparently are to Islam!

And don't forget I did live there for quite awhile. To portray the "poor" Christians of Lebanon as being picked on by those inherently violent Muslims is just beyond the Pale.

By the way, I did a search in Wikipedia and came up with this article on persecution of Christians. I am not doubting it does occur somewhere, but I honestly never heard of it in the Arab countries. I would definitely doubt what it says about Saudi Arabia. I have been looking for work in Saudi Arabia and have been told of a number of meetings going on there, with the allowed by the authorities. Persecution of Christians by Israel gets a longer article! Discussion of Muslim persecution of Christians also gets a very short blurb at the bottom featuring two incidents in Pakistan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

#9 amity, May 1, 2007
  10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

God help us if Islam ever becomes "State Religion".

11. amity

amity New Member

God help us if Christianity ever becomes the state religion!

12. amity

amity New Member

Israeli persecution of Christians?!?!?

Here is the paragraph from Wikipedia about Israeli persecution of Christians, and much of it I did not know:
    Persecution of Christians in modern Israel traces its roots to the origin of the Jewish state in 1948 when several villages with majority Christian populations, such as Kafr Bir'im and Iqrit, were forcibly depopulated by the Israel Defense Forces.[39] More recently Israel has denied residence status to Catholic clerics and has attempted to block the appointment of Catholic bishops.[40] Israeli government attempts such as the failed 1998 effort to block the Holy See's appointment of Boutros Mouallem as archbishop of Galilee were condemned by the Vatican and other nations.[41] Suspicion and hostility toward Christian clerics have led to incidents such as the October 2002 detention and harassment of a Melkite Greek Catholic archbishop and a bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church who were prevented from leaving Jerusalem to attend an interfaith meeting in London.[42]​

I knew they were expelling entire Christian villages, destroying houses, etc., but I did not know about the actions taken against clergy!

#12 amity, May 1, 2007
  13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I thought it was our commision to try and spread Christianty!

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Firstly, there is no such thing as a Christian nation, nor will there ever be until Jesus comes again. So when you mention Christian country please tell me what you are talking about. No such animal exists.
    Biblical Christianity has always been in the minority, and throughout history have always been the persecuted ones. See the history of England. Both the Catholics and the Church of England persecuted groups such as the Anabaptists and other Bible-believing Christians--especially those who believed in baptism by immersion after salvation.

Christianity will never become a state-religion. It is impossible. It goes against the Word of God. The only time that Christianity will become a theocracy is during the Millennial Kingdom.

You still haven't done your homework. Islam is responsible for the persecution of more Christians than any other religion in history. Are you in denial? What other religion would hi-jack airliners and fly them into WTC towers killing thousands of people?

http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/000912.html
    http://www.christianpersecution.info/news/five-christians-charged-with-blasphemy-in-pakistan/

http://www.bhutan4christ.com/persecution-wwl.html

Are you convinced yet, or are still in a state of denial?

15. amity

amity New Member

Not through the state, surely! Baptists have had a pretty bad history with that.

16. amity

amity New Member

Yeah, I agree, but it has sure been tried. Most all of Europe *claimed* to be Christian nations until very recently. And they did not behave themselves. So why do you make this distinction between "Christian nations" and "Muslim nations"? The idea is the same.

I am just doubting your characteristically dreadful sources. And if you are reading the articles I am linking to you know that Islam does not approve of attacks on civilians.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

One of the Baptist distinctives is separation of church and state.
    Baptists don't believe in a state religion.

18. amity

amity New Member

I agree totally!

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"The Islamic Republic of Pakistan."
    No nation today calls itself "The Christian republic of the_____________", not even the USA. Islam is a state religion in almost all of their nations. Then Sharia law is implemented. Under Sharia law such laws as the "Blasphemy law" as in Pakistan is introduced, the consequence of being found guilty can be the death penalty.

Islam says one thing and does another. The events of 9/11 should tell you that. Did you say that don't believe in attacks on civilians? Please spare me.

Why don't you do a google search for yourself. And give me a good reason why my sources should be dubious.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh, you would have to have your head stuck in the sand to not know that Christianty played a major role in the History of this Nation.