1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a KJVO Be Saved?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by manchester, Dec 28, 2004.

1. manchester

manchester New Member

Certainly, God can save anyone who repents and turns from darkness. But can a person be saved while continuing to deny God's Word?

2. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Being KJVO is not denying God's Word.

3. Amity

Amity Guest

Manchester are you serious???????

:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

[​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG]

5. Amity

Amity Guest

</font>[/QUOTE]Okay, I'm new here. Are you mocking me, or agreeing with me? I think the pretense of this thread is just plain hateful and rude!

6. manchester

manchester New Member

There is a thread on whether people who believe in evolution can be saved, so why not one for KJVOism?

7. Amity

Amity Guest

well, IMHO, evolution contradicts the Word of God. the King James Bible IS a translation of the Word of God, so how could it even compare?

8. OldRegular

</font>[/QUOTE]Okay, I'm new here. Are you mocking me, or agreeing with me? I think the pretense of this thread is just plain hateful and rude!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amity

I am agreeing with you 100%. I thought it was obvious in my response.

9. OldRegular

How is KJV only denying God's Word? I am curious since I use the KJV about 95% of the time.

10. OldRegular

Your comparison is totally invalid. Evolution denies the Word of God. The KJV is one translation of the Word of God and given its longivity I believe it is one of the best except for the out dated language. This has been corrected in the Third Millennium Version which unfortunately includes the Apocrapha.

11. Amity

Amity Guest

sorry!! [​IMG] the laughing smilies threw me for a loop!! [​IMG]

12. RobTN

RobTN New Member

I know that the success of a man's ministry does not guarantee salvation, but if being King James Only kept men from being saved, then some of the greatest men who have been used of God in past years are not saved such as Oliver B. Greene, Lester Roloff, and Ian R.K. Paisley (who, by the way, wrote a wonderful book in defense of the King James entitled MY PLEA FOR THE OLD SWORD). As a side note, it would also mean that many generations in my family who claimed to be saved were not saved since, here in southeast tenn. where i live, there are many churches who hold to that teaching. and lastly, it means that i myself never passed from death unto life since i am King James only.

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Last time I checked, God does not save anyone based on good or bad theology/doctrine, and that includes different translations of His Word. God saves based on His Grace alone!

Although I did have an Indy Baptist Pastor tell me one time, that I was not saved because my mom led me to the Lord using a NIV.

I am just glad, the God I serve, does not save based on any work or condition, but based on Grace, the amazing Grace.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    God saves by His grace. People with mixed up science or history or theology still get saved by God's grace alone.

We have a thread on the teaching Jack Hyles, formerly pastor of the largest ifb church in the world, that said if you were "saved" using anything OTHER than a KJV, you were not saved. That is vile heresy.

I am so sorry that some are questioning salvation of some who are evolutionists. To question someone's salvation because we disagree with them is AGAINST BB POLICY.

I am closing this thread. It served a purpose of bringing reproach to ANY who question salvation of someone else based on such nonsense.