1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a person who denies the trinity still be saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jun 25, 2008.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How many of the OT saints in Heb 11 including John the baptizer had a perfect understanding of the Trinity?

Why do we draw these imaginary lines and pronounce people unsaved if they do not cross them?

If the line does not work for Samuel or David -- it does not work today either.

in Christ,

Bob

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

For one we have the bible today, with God's revelation of Himself and who He is. He has revealed Himself to us as the Trinity. Jesus is part of the Trinity, He is deity. A christian who does not believe who the bible says Jesus is is not a christian, they have put their faith and trust in a false Jesus, not the biblical Jesus, you can not be saved by placing faith in a Jesus who does not exist, change who the bible says Jesus is, it is now a false Jesus, not the Son of God. We can not just make Him up as e go and it be acceptable.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

The people to whom God has revealed everything but an understanding of "Trinity?" They go to Hell?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did Samuel believe in the substitutionary atonement of Christ?
    Did Samuel believe in the Lordship of Christ?
    Did Samuel believe in the virgin birth of Mary?
    Did Samuel even believe in the deity of Christ?

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

The Jesus the bible describes is a part of the Godhood, the Trinity. If a person does not believe Jesus is God, a part of the Trinity, then it is not the bible Jesus they believe in. Is the salvation in any Jesus, or the one Jesus. If we can not believe who the bible says Jesus is, why would we believe any of it.
    If God wants us to know Him, why would He with hold revealing the Trinity, which si who He is, from us? He wouldn't.
    Again the op did not ask about a persons belief or understanding at the moment they are saved, but a person who has been a christian a while.

6. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

I think I see some confusion in this thread.

I believe that TaliOrlando asked if a person can be saved without believing the precept of the Trinity.

I do not believe he asked if one can deny the Deity of Jesus Christ and be saved.

A lot of people are answering that a person cannot deny the Deity of Jesus Christ and be saved. I do not believe TaliOrlando asked that question.

A lot of people assume that denial of the precept of the Trinity is automatically a denial of the Deity of Jesus Christ.

Denial of the Trinity is not necessarily denial of the Deity of Jesus Christ.

Some people believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ without believing the precept of the Trinity.

TaliOrlando asked that if someone disbelieved the precept of the Trinity, if s/he could still be saved.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

>For one we have the bible today

I had an inerrant calculus text and still flunked the course.