1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can A True Christian Commit Apostesy?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are correct it was written to Christians but it was written about the lost. The Gnostics believed that the inner person (soul) and the flesh could not touch and because the inner man was the real person what the flesh did had no claim on the inner person so they denied that they had ever sinned. That made them lost. As to being sinless satan always has to add to or change intent. Saying thta which has not been said, but I am sure you understand that.

#41 freeatlast, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
  2. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's absolutely WRONG.

1 John 5:13

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The context does not support you.

1 John 1:5-10 " 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
    8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us."

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello drfuss,
    NC = New Covenant......padeos believe there is an outward administration of the covenant of grace[the visible church]...that is someone can be said to be in covenant with God,,,,but not necessarily saved. They teach that a person can break the new covenant.
    They teach that only those who are in the invisible church alone are saved.
    So they believe a covenant breaker is a church member who becomes apostate.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann believe what you want.

6. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Thank you. I knew that they believed in three categories of people: heathen, covenant people, and those who are really saved. Of course they believe the really saved are a part of the covenant people. I never heard it expressed as breaking the covenant.

Thanks again.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Freeatlast, you might want to change your name. It is evident that you aren't free at all, with the holier-than-thou attitude you portray in most of your comments you seem to be bound up by pride. You remind me of the "Church Lady" in Dana Carvey's skits.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Robert I can't say i know anything about those skits, but I thank you very much for your opinion. I will certainly pray about what you have said.