1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Armenian Calvinists Co-Exist?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by righteousdude2, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Rippon,
    At first I was going to PM you and ask you to be a gentleman, but your attack on Allan was so public I opted for your choice and kept things public.
    Now I love you Rip but sometimes you let Calvin overcome your Christianity, and I know you have a heart for Christ.
    If you read the whole op it looks like a pack of wolves closing in for the kill on a wounded rabbit.People who are not Christians come to this board and read what we write. We are thier picture of what a Christian is.

To tell the truth I did forget what you do for a living. Yes I did finish reading "The Institutes" cover to cover with the exeption of all the notes, forgive me that. Now I am reading Chafer's "Systematic Theology" as well as " I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist" by Norman Giesler.

What would it be that I am lying about? Only answer that after you have gone back through and read the entire thread.
    Get rid of the hunter and go with the kind and gracious, diplomatic fellow I know you have the capacity to be.

2. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Wow - from straightforward debate to ad hominum - I don't wonder that Rip would be a little upset.

Remember, when you point the finger, there are likely 3 pointing back...

3. Plain Old Bill

J.D. Longmire,
    Have you bothered to read the entire thread?

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enough of the personal attacks, sniping and name calling.

Please discuss the topic as presented, without resorting to unbecoming bickering.

rsr

#84 rsr, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008
  5. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

I did most of it - I think you have 2 men pointedly examining one another. And while I am decidedly inclined toward one rationale over the other, I am not sure that I admire either one's tone. That being said, I would hesitate to so pointedly choose one to chastise over the other. Particularly with your choice of words - particularly in light of Matthew 18. I think you should have followed your earlier idea and PM'd him.

Of course, perhaps I should have PM'd you. :)

Blessings.

6. Plain Old Bill

You are right I should have PM'd him. What's worse is I should have followed my own advice and taken a softer approach. I apologize to everybody who has read this thread including Rip.

#86 Plain Old Bill, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008