1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can BACKSLIDING/DISOBEDIENT Christians be DEMONIZED?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Sep 25, 2005.

1. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

I'm not going to even pretend to know were he stands on demonology but I do believe that his work for the most part is of God. I have read many of his books and not noticed anything about believing a believer can be possessed.

It will take Gods word to change my mind about this guy. [​IMG]

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Anderson does believe Christians can be controlled by demons, and inhabited by them. He tries to make a distinction between being controlled and being "owned," which is not a biblical distinction. Demons don't own anyone, even those they possess. The bible is clear -- one is possessed (i.e., controlled) or not possessed.

Samplewow, PM me and give me your email since you said you wanted that document. I can't attach it the way the email comes up here.

3. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Samplewow,

Ahhh, at least we agree on something here! [​IMG]

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

So I guess it's all fine and good if someone is not doctrinally sound as long as they are a nice person. :rolleyes:

5. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Rachel,

Are you saying that Neil Anderson is not "doctrinally sound?"

Hmmmm, let me see, he happens to be chairman of the Practical Theology Department at Talbot School of Theology, and he is not doctrinally sound?

Hmmm, how could he have hoodwinked a lot of students and faculty at Biola University.?

Hmmm....

6. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Robert, From what I've read about the fella I think he has some issues yes. If you don't, oh well.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I guess if you want to believe stuff bnot doctrinelly sound thats up to you.
    I'll take scripture.

8. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Donna and Rachel,

It is not scripture that you are siding with--it is your "interpretation" of scripture. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

It's me again Robert!

10. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

I've got to say ,Marcia has proved to me with Scripture that this Mr. Anderson is wrong.

I will always be grateful to him but he is wrong in his teaching.

I plan to write him a letter to explain what I've learned.

Sorry Robert we still don't agree.

Marcia, you were right I was wrong . Thank you for being bold for Christ.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Rachel

Rachel New Member

That is hilarious. :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

12. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Rachel,

Well, just go to google and enter your favorite preacher plus the words "false teacher" and you'll be surprised at the number of his "false teachings." (For example: John MacArthur or Chuck Swindoll)

Sighhhh. :D :D [​IMG]

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

And your siding with what???????,,,,,, a mans opinion that isn't even scriptural???????,,,,, apart from scriptural evidence.
    Pllleeease
    As I said I'll take scripture.
    you take,,, whatever.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

Well, lets see, how about you do the samething you have suggested Rachel do?
    Oh, here you go, I did it for you.

Neil Anderson false teachings

http://www.pfo.org/wdemons.htm

Anderson also teaches Christians can be demonized or demon possessed: Anderson makes the following statements: "It is my observation that no more than 15% of the evangelical Christian community is completely free from Satan's bondage." (Bondage p.107) "Demonic influence is not an external force in the physical realm; it is the internal manipulation of the central nervous system" (p111). "Anything bad which you cannot stop doing, or anything good which you cannot make yourself do, could be an area of demonic control" (p179).

To Anderson 85% of evangelical Christians are controlled to some degree by Satan. It would be quite an interesting search to attempt to find Scriptural support for Anderson's assertions.

Christians can be delivered from demonization:
    Fortunately for us, Anderson has discovered a means of deliverance for the demon-controlled Christian. Where did he find his program? Certainly not in Scripture — remember the Bible apparently is unfamiliar with this problem. He did not find it even in the traditions of the great saints of the past. As a matter of fact, no one in the history of the church has ever taught the methods developed by Anderson — which tells us a couple of things. First, since this program is not based upon Scripture, and since it is brand new to the church, great caution is in order. Secondly, if Anderson is correct, then most of the saints of the past, who only had God's Word to guide them, have been hopelessly enslaved to demons — apparently without realizing it. What a sad thought!

http://spiritualwarfare.jesuswork.org/spiritual-warfare-resources-other01/html/spiritual-warfare-principles.html

Found this great statement:
    We must always be willing to give up our own experiences if they contradict the biblical truth
    http://www.oaim.org/deliverance.html

Denying the Completion of Our Salvation

Deliverance ministries do just this. They deny the efficacy of Christ’s work on the cross, saying that on top of this we need to have “seven steps to freedom” to be truly free. The proponents of deliverance ministries change John 8:36 from, “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed,” to “So since the Son sets you partially free, we can help you become free indeed.” Will we trust Scripture when we read a truth such as this and place its authority over that of the men who are at the root of the deliverance ministries or will we mistakenly trust them to have the answers God “forgot” to give us in His written word?

If we have not been set free completely from the moment of our conversion, then Jesus was nothing more than a deluded liar who tricked people into believing in His power yet denied them the full effect, hoping they would find their own way through their own works to final, complete salvation. We must remember that Peter tells us, “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.” If we are going to place our trust in this truth God has revealed to us in the Bible, this leaves no room for additions of teachings to what the Bible says.
    http://www.oaim.org/deliverance.html

Good suggestion Robert, now I know even more about him,and now know for sure he isn't biblical. As one of the sites said it, people don't see it today because they are lazy and beleive someone just because of their cerdentials, if it looks good, it must be, so why not beleive them, even if theres no scripture.

15. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Donna,

I don't think "Googling" is the best way to find out whether a preacher is a false teacher or not.

Let me give you an example--I did what you just did ( name + false teaching) to the following preachers and got the following results:

Charles Stanley - 455,000 page results
    Neil Anderson - 335,000
    Billy Graham - 290,000
    John MacArthur - 239,000

So, the above are false teachers? :D

Donna, what does 2nd Cor 11:4 mean when it says,"or if you receive a different spirit from the one you [already] received?" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

But, you said it was.
    Number of page hits means nothing. It's what they teach.
    Get it?

What does 'the authority of scripture' meanto you?
    What does 'scripture as our only authority' mean to you?
    What does 'the opnions of man over the opinions of God' mean to you?
    You have not once addressed the fact you are taking a man's opinion over scripture, that you are looking to a man as your authority not God's written word.
    Is scripture our authority or not?
    Is scripture our only true authority or not?
    If so, then what is man's opinon is different then scripture?

17. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Billy believe's in the gap theory. do you think that is false teaching.

18. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Donna,

Scripture is the supreme authority. To simplify things, I am basing my belief on the supreme authority of 2nd Cor 11:4, "OR IF YOU RECEIVE A SPIRIT OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU [ALREADY] RECEIVED..." This verse seems to be a stumbling block to your preconceived mindset? :D

Now, this is a DIRECTLY SHOWS verse, not a SEEMS TO IMPLY verse, nor a LOGICALLY IT FOLLOWS verse. Please give me a DIRECTLY SHOWS verse to prove that my position is at odds with 2nd Cor 11:4. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Robert, :confused: did you see this post?

20. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Robert, :confused: did you see this post? </font>[/QUOTE]Samplewow,

It is my humble opinion that Billy "was used" by God. Although in his later years, he has been criticized by his recent "novel" beliefs. Is he a false teacher? Whadaya think? ;)