1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can BACKSLIDING/DISOBEDIENT Christians be DEMONIZED?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Sep 25, 2005.

1. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

I do think that he is teaching "Falsely if that is what your asking .

I will say that it's hard to talk him down, my dad was saved at one of his crusades in 1959 so as a result of that day my days have been good.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Donna,

Scripture is the supreme authority. To simplify things, I am basing my belief on the supreme authority of 2nd Cor 11:4, "OR IF YOU RECEIVE A SPIRIT OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU [ALREADY] RECEIVED..." This verse seems to be a stumbling block to your preconceived mindset? :D

Now, this is a DIRECTLY SHOWS verse, not a SEEMS TO IMPLY verse, nor a LOGICALLY IT FOLLOWS verse. Please give me a DIRECTLY SHOWS verse to prove that my position is at odds with 2nd Cor 11:4. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]no sorry in an earlier post you said you believed stuff because it happen to that guy(whoever he was), his expereince was your authority.
    What scripture do you use to support your interpetation of your 2 cor 11 verse? After all if your right it will be in other places in scripture. If it isn't then your interpetation faulty.

3. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Donna,

Scripture is my absolute authority. And scripture must validate experience.

Now again, what is it in 2nd Cor 11:4's, "or if you receive a DIFFERENT SPIRIT other than the one you [ALREADY] received..." don't you understand? :D [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I know this was last page, but I want to clear up any idea you might have, RFW, that my prior post was directed at you. I had no idea you would get that idea. I hadn't even realized you had posted right before me. I do not understand why you would think I was referring to refuting falsehood with Scripture, as my post had nothing to say about that.
    In fact, I was referring to ALL OF US, no one in particular, when we allow ourselves to get distracted by trivialities and actually start attacking each other over them. Let me add, just so we understand each other, I would not refer to Bible necessities as trivialities. There are some things though that we can disagree on that in the big picture are not all that important. I just think we need to remember that sometimes.

Ok, sorry to interrupt! [​IMG]

5. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

And the winner is...2nd Cor 11:4, "or if you RECEIVE a DIFFERENT SPIRIT than the one you [ALREADY] RECEIVED."! :D :D [​IMG]

6. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

OK Robert

please chew on this thought for a while before you get back to me.

I put this in a thread a few days ago .I think it fits best here.

Never interpret a clear statement by an unclear statement;always interpret the unclear statement by the clear one.

God always says what he means and always means what he says,BUT sometimes WE are much too careless in observing just what it is He does say.

DO NOT hurry your interpretation -especially of difficult passages.

In slow plain English ;don't use just one verse to support you interpretation of scripture.

I personally have found lately that I learn much more by not being so bull headed!!

your brother in Christ AND friend 2 ; Jeff B Grover ;)

7. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Samplewow,

Well, actually, really--it isn't a difficult verse, but a rather simple verse.

Bullheaded? You're the thousandth person who has called me that. Hmmm...perhaps it's true?
    :D [​IMG]

8. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

HA HA

Maybe ,but if you'll notice I used myself FIRST!! :D

9. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Hey,

guess what happened this week?

Our preacher went to a week-long school-camp in order to be the main speaker. He had an experience this last Tuesday night with a boy who he truly believes was demon possessed. My pastor, and several other men of the church, dealt with the boy after the preaching Tuesday afternoon. The boy had come forward during the invitation in response to salvation. Im still unclear on many of the details, but when preacher asked the boy if he wanted to trust in Christ, "someone else" took over and said something about the boy belonging to him, and Jesus couldn't have him. The boy could not say "Jesus is Lord" or anything of that sort. There was lots of violent thrashing and cussing, and an interesting part is when they asked it its name. It several times responded with the same specific vulgar cuss word when asked its name.
    Preacher said he had heard that sometimes the demons names are what we know as cuss words. Is this something that any of you have heard before?

To finish the story, the boy was finally able to respond that he did indeed want to give himself to Christ, and wanted JEsus to save him, and immediately the possession stopped. This sounds to me like what someone in here mentioned awhile back about the possessed having to come to Christ willingly in order for any sort of demonic possession to be ended.

(Remember, I don't have the complete story about the entire episode yet, so Im not sure what the men were saying to him, except they were responding in the name of Jesus.)