1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can "Eternal Securitists" KNOW that heaven is their home.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This verse does not say one word about assurance.

And can you show specific verses in 1 John? Why so are you so vague?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have not seen an Arminian on this board except one and he rarely posts any more.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

1Jn 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

It is the word of God that bring assurance. For we must measure our inner yearnings against scripture alone. That which moves in a direction contrary to scripture is not of God.

4. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Scripture

John 3:3 (New International Version)
    3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.

1 John 3:9 (New International Version)
    9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 3:9 (New American Standard Bible)
    9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:9 (New King James Version)
    9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Why do we continue to sin, practice sin and also do sin if we are fully born again, simply because we are still in a sinful body until we get our new Spiritual body. We are not complete, because we still continue to sin, practice sin and do sin. You can pick and choose which translation fits you, but I believe in all three of them. Each translation has given me more understanding of the word of God, not saying one is false because it doesn’t fit my belief system. We will be in our new body one day and we will not sin praise God through Jesus Christ.

5. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

You are totally missing the point of I John.
    By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
    (1 John 3:10)
    One to makes a practice of sinning is probably one that is a child of the devil. One that makes a practice of righteousness is probably a child of God. Rebirth(born of God) deals with us here on earth.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Exactly. This is what I have been saying all along. I know I am saved because the Word of God says so.

Luke2427 keeps talking about the new nature, which is truth, but he is very vague about describing it. On another thread he supports an old age for the earth and believes the Big Bang Theory. I have been itching to ask him if his new nature revealed this to him as truth. After all, the scriptures say the Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth.

Luke 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

7. psalms109:31

Scripture

It deals with all three anyone born of God will not practice sin. They will not continue to sin. They will not do sin. Why do they because they are not fully born of God, they are not complete without the Spiritual body. Bottom line if we are completely born of God we would not sin. When we get the Spiritual body we will not sin and we will be complete.

8. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

People born of God(how that Bible uses, not how you change it) will sin, but they won't let it be a continual part of their lives without any repentance. The word their "commit" is from a Greek word in the present tense, which means it's an ongoing thing. Your interpretation makes the whole passage meaningless and changes terms on how the Bible uses them. A Christian is born of God. They have been fully born again. You are not partially saved, but fully saved. You speak about glorification, that is not being born again.

9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

guide to all truth was specifically to the apostles. We can in principle apply that today that He will guide us, but I haven't experienced being guided to all truth yet. I still make mistakes. Now, I agree that we use Scripture for Salvation. But nowhere in Scripture does it say that Winman is saved. Nor does anywhere in Scripture does it say that jbh28 is saved. What do you use in Scripture to show you that you are saved?

Which was my point on the "all truth" A person can still be saved but be very wrong on the age of the earth. I don't agree with them by any stretch of the imagination, but they can still be saved.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

JBH28, I agree with you! :thumbs:

The scriptures say we are the sons of God now.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

11. psalms109:31

Scripture

What is on the inside is fully born of God and Sons of God, but we are not whole without the Spiritual body. When we receive the Spiritual body we will be complete. We should not be sinning since we are it isn't what is on the inside but what is on the outside. I know on the inside I am changed, but one day I will be completely changed. So with this body i am not fully born of God.

12. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

You are misusing the term. We will be complete (glorification) later. Right now, when we see "born of God" is it speaking ONLY of our regeneration here on earth.

13. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

AH!!!!!! This can't be!!!:eek::D

14. psalms109:31

Regenerated

We are regenerated on the inside born again. To be born you are born with a body, so we are not going to be completely born again until we receive our Spiritual body. We have not been regenerated on the outside, we are not complete.

15. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

any verse to backup the use of "born again' the way you are doing it? What you are saying is technically true. But you are incorrectly using the term, unless you can show where the Scripture uses it the way you are using it.

16. psalms109:31

Born again

Born again speaks all it needs to to be born again is to be completely changed, not just a part of you.

17. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Again, any Scripture?

18. psalms109:31

Born again

I can give you all the scripture of born again, but you have misused the term "Born again".

19. psalms109:31

Born of God

Anyone born of God will not continue to sin, practice or do sin, therefore we are not completely born of God.

20. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I haven't misused the term, you are the one doing that. I have used it exactly how the Bible uses it. Why don't you share with us the passages that refer to "born again" meaning glorification?