1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can "Eternal Securitists" KNOW that heaven is their home.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jul 14, 2010.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I can give you all the scripture of born again, but you have misused the term "Born again".

Born again is complete change not part.

Anyone born of God will not continue to sin, practice or do sin, therefore we are not completely born of God.

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Any Scripture? You seem to be avoiding it by just repeating yourself. Trying to convince yourself that you are right? You could just supply Scripture to support your view.

3. psalms109:31

born again

If you see born again as born again all the scripture will make sense.

I don't have to convince myself, I know what born again is.

4. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Scripture?

5. psalms109:31

Born again

I'll be born again completely, Body, Soul, until then I am not complete.

You have chosen to see these scripture not the same way as I do so we will never see eye to eye as all three being right only practicing. I see all translation we shouldn't be practicing or continuing and doing sin born of God.

1 John 3:9 (New International Version)
    9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 3:9 (New American Standard Bible)
    9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:9 (New King James Version)
    9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

6. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Since this is the passage we were referring to, it is only based on your interpretation. (which makes the passage pointless)

could you share with us any places in Scripture that makes you come to the conclusion you do about being born again=glorificaiton?

7. psalms109:31

Those passages wasn't me those passages God had translated for us to see the whole truth. It isn't my interpretation those are scripture. Some times it is scary to see something like those scripture, because it was those that changed what I used to think, I use to think as you do. I do not run away from truth even if it goes against what I use to think.

8. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

So, I assume you have nothing then. I have asked repeatedly for Scripture to support your view that we will be finished being "born of God" later in glorification. You have nothing. Your are way off on I John. It doesn't say that no one will ever commit sin in the singular. I John 1 contradicts this. So, I ask again...any Scripture to backup how you use the term "born of God" in I John?

and where in truth(Bible) did it tell you what born of God means? It's in there.

#68 jbh28, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  9. psalms109:31

Scripture

9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

I am not going to say this is a lie, I am not complete born of God until I am completely changed. I agree we shouldn't be practicing, but also does not sin singular as the scripture says

10. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

You keep avoiding the issue. First of all, it doesn't mean singular cannot sin, but a continuous action. (look it up in the Greek, it's in the perfect tense.)

WHERE in Scripture does it define what "born of God" means so we know what it is meaning in I John? We have the Phrase in I John 3 "born of God." What does that mean ACCORDING to Scripture. I say it refers to the one regeneration, you say it is the one that is glorified(which hasn't happened yet) So any Scripture to support your view?

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Psalms, I understand your point of view, and have seen this viewpoint before. Some understand being born again as being conceived. We are conceived in our mother's womb, but are not born until we actually enter the world 9 months later. Some view our salvation in a similar manner, we are conceived upon accepting Christ, but are not fully born until we get to heaven.

One verse that in my mind argues against this view is John 3:3

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:3 presents a problem for you view as it presents the famous Catch 22 situation.

You cannot see or enter heaven until you are complete, until you have been fully born again.

But... You cannot be fully born again until you die and go to heaven.

Do you see the Catch 22 here?

So, the words of Jesus show me we are born again now when we receive Jesus.

12. psalms109:31

Born of God

One who is born again does not sin, so we have been miss understanding the term born of God, It is a complete change. I can't see born again completely until we are complete with a Spiritual body. I gave you the scripture that shows we are not born of God because we are sinning. The scripture does teach we are born again on the inside. I am not disagreeing with that. Children of God. With the sin thread shows we are still sinning so we can't be completely born of God until we get out of this body of death.

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

14. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

But the passage doesn't say that one born of God will never commit(singular) a sin.

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God

If we are only born of God in the future, this doesn't make sense.

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him.

We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus says we have 2 births. One is the physical birth(born of water) the second is the spiritual birth(born of spirit). Our physical birth happens when we are born, when we are breathing here in the world) our spiritual birth happens at regeneration, at salvation. that is when we are "born of God" and when we are "children (or sons) of God" Born again isn't something that happens in the future(well for the saved that is) it's something that has already happened to us.

What you are doing is misinterpreting I John 3 by using the wrong meaning to "born of God" The Bible uses born of God as a regenerate person. Being born again is regeneration, not glorification.

also, the way your interpret the passage, it is about future events. The context of the passage is about current, not future.

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
    (John 1:12-13)

#74 jbh28, Jul 17, 2010
  15. psalms109:31

Love one another

I believe inwardly we are born of God. We need to continue to beat this flesh into submission because it is not born of God, so us being completely born of God isn't finished. We still struggle with sin because of this flesh. We are going to heaven, but not as we are, not in this body. I know how difficult loving others as myself. Loving God is the easy part to me. I know Him through His word. Men are just so unpredictable, but God hides nothing from us He reveals Himself through what He has made, and His word. I am not completely born again in this body, but one day we will in heaven in the Spiritual body. After I received my Spiritual body I will be glorified because of Christ nothing I have done. I do not see me being glorified in this body.

#75 psalms109:31, Jul 17, 2010
  16. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Again, you misuse the term "born of God" as it is used of Scripture. We it says "born of God" it is speaking about those that are currently here saved, born again, not about glorification. What you are saying is correct, but you are misusing the term. I gave you Scripture already on what it means to be "born again." And it means a regeneration person, not glorification.

17. psalms109:31

Regeneration

Regenerated and still sinning, I am not miss using the term

18. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Yes, a regenerated person(one that is born of God as mentioned in I John) can sin.

19. psalms109:31

God a liar

Like I said I will not call God a liar in all the scriptures.

Inwardly we our born of God, but outwardly dead. We will be complete with no sinning when we receive our Spiritual body. That scripture speaks of us as a whole not like the others you gave speaking inwardly

#79 psalms109:31, Jul 17, 2010
  20. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

"has been born" get it past tense. Glorification is future. "Does not sin" is not a singular, but in the present tense, a continuous action. We are not dead, but alive as Ephesians puts it. Your theology is off because of your misinterpretation of this word.

I John 1:8"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

this is the same audience as in chapter 3, born of God.

commit in the KJV, practice in the esv, is from the word poieĊ and is in the present tense meaning it is a continuous, not a singular action.

Let's look at the verse

No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Born of God = regenerated Christian
    Sins= continuous, not singular.

why is this, not because of glorification(which hasn't happened yet) but because His seed(spirit, our new nature) abides in him(the one born of God).

Notice it is in the present, not future. It is speaking about people here on earth. Is there anybody on earth that doesn't ever sin? No, I john 1:8 makes that very clear. It is speaking about habitual sin, not a one time sin.