1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can God Add?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 30, 2007.

1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Heavenly what keeps you from going to hell?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Romans 11 instructs the one "Who IS standing by their faith" to "FEAR for if He did not spare them neither will he spare you".

It is a good example of a warning of the same type that we see in Matt 18 "SO shall My Father do to each one of you IF YOU do not each one forgive your brother from your heart".

(Speaking of forgiveness being revoked)

in Christ,

Bob

4. charles_creech78

My brother my faith is in the Lord. I have faith he will deliver me and keep me and let me not fall. I trust in the Lord on this. I have faith that he will keep me till the day of redemtion. I do not believe in backsliding from God. Because I believe when God does a work in a man he is able to do it FOREVER. I think you need to read the rest of the chapter of romans Ro 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF THEY WERE BROKEN OFF. Let me see I believe God can keep me till the day of redemtion and that when he said he that believeth on me has ever lasting life he ment it.. You say you can backslide and God can't keep you. Know tell me who has that unbelief? Ps 4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your TRUST in the LORD. Ps 5:11 But let all those that put their TRUST in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. Lord o Lord I trust in thee.Ps 12:7 Thou shalt KEEP them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. Ps 25:20 O KEEP my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

#24 charles_creech78, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007
  5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Do you want to know the grounds of my hope, or the conditions God mandated to avoid it? Salvation is a two sided street. It takes God with the provision and man with the willingness to obey. It takes grounds and conditions to avoid hell and gain heaven. God makes the provision and sets the conditions. Man must willingly and without coercion form intents in line with God’s demands. God makes possible the way and we must willingly form intents to believe, repent, obey, and continue to obey until the end as God grants us strength.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Now here is an interesting verse indeed. I have never heard of the sacrifice of filthy rags. Have you SFIC?

#26 Heavenly Pilgrim, Sep 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  7. charles_creech78

#27 charles_creech78, Sep 2, 2007
  8. Heavenly Pilgrim

CC78, It would be nice if when you quote me that you select my quote and them click the Wrap (quote) icon so as not to confuse the reader where my quote ends and your statement begins. If you are having trouble with doing it, just say so and maybe one of us can help.

When I specifically stated “as God grants us strength” why did you start your comments with the words?

HP: I would have hoped you could have seen that I DO NOT believe we do it all by ourselves, but neither will it be done apart from ourselves. We must exercise our wills in accordance to the passive influences of God, just as we have to exercise our wills in opposition to selfishness, the devil, and the worlds influences. We cannot do it on our own, for we need the influences of God to overcome. Just the same, neither does God make our choices for us, but rather requires us to will in accordance to His influences.

9. charles_creech78

Ok see you are saying EXERCISE OUR WILL. It is not are will it is his will. What ever we do, if it is Rightess, Holy , Good, Perfect, It is because of God will. There is non Good no not one we have all come short of the glory of God. Therefore we have Jesus Christ as advocate.1jo 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 1jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 1jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: AND HE CANNOT SIN, because he is born of God. 1jo 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother . Backsliding ( Turn to SIN). If you are born of God you cannot COMMIT sin.

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Do you sin?

11. charles_creech78

I do not commit sin.1pe 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath CEASED FROM SIN; (ceased: To leave off to put a stop to to become extinct to stop) He that is born of God Cannot COMMIT sin.

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Isn't that he referring to Christ?

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Let the castagation that others have faced for even stating that living without sin is a possibility begin.

14. Cutter

Cutter New Member

OH NO!!! It's another Iamodd4God that believes they live a perfect sinless life. :BangHead:

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 Peter 4
    1 Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
    2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
    3 For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.
    4 In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them
    into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you;
    5 but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

Question: Is there a single text from any author of scripture where THEY say "I do not commit sin" or " I am sinless?"

Is the "ceased from sin" mentioned in 1Peter 4 "ceased from sinning" as in a life of debauchery and sin as the text goes on to describe?

In Christ,

Bob

16. charles_creech78

1pe 4:4 Wherein they think it strange that ye RUN NOT WITH THEM to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: 1pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead 1pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, BUT LIVE FOR GOD IN THE SPIRIT.1pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 1pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And for cutter it is not me that liveth it is God who liveth for me. It is God who makes that perfect man.Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for HE DWELLETH with you, and SHALL BE IN YOU. Amen MCDIRECTOR (He) is Jesus Christ which ye are born of. He cannot commit sin and there for you can't because he is in you.1jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God DWELLETH in us, and his love is PERFECTED in us. If Jesus is living in you how can you sin. It will be saying Jesus sins.Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the SPIRIT, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the SPIRIT is SPIRIT. Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the SPIRIT. Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in SPIRIT and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. Joh 4:24 God is a SPIRIT: and they that worship him must worship him in SPIRIT and in truth. Joh 6:63 It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are life. Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the SPIRIT, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) It is the spirit of God that keepeth a man from sinning.Mr 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so withOUT understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from withOUT entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; Mr 7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? Mr 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. Mr 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Mr 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: Mr 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. You are born of God therefore you are not of your self. You cannot do these things. It is Gods House and he will not let anything defile it. That is if you are born of God.

#36 charles_creech78, Sep 2, 2007
  17. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Are you born again, born of God's Spirit having passed from death to life?

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Still waiting for an answer to this

19. charles_creech78

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it LISTETH, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.1jo 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 1jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

#39 charles_creech78, Sep 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  20. charles_creech78

1jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1jo 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother 1jo 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. 1jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.