1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can God change His mind?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

By stark contrast, the Lord Himself said that repenting in response to the repentance of His creatures is one of His eternal attributes.

Mark Osgatharp

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Well it IS parallel universes, so I'm not surprised it sounds like parallel universes. I'm not sure where you think the science fiction idea would come in.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some scripture passages give the idea that God changed his mind. But, since God is all-knowing, he knew what man would do and based his actions on that knowledge. I think it's one of those areas that God doesn't give us a cut and dried answer and we must take his word by faith. After all, his ways are higher than our ways and his thought are higher than our thoughts.

shalom

4. Walls

Walls New Member

Would it then be proper to say, God never changes, after all - He is the same today, yesterday and forever right. However, the pleadings of His people can alter His course of action or postpone it until a further time.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

God does respond to his people. He loves them. In that sense God never changes in his attributes. But He is a rsponsive God. He is not responsive for His need but for ours.