1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Jesus Cast Out Saved Believers?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Hark, Mar 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not cast out of His kingdom nor cast out of His hand, but cast out from the Marriage supper for not being ready as found abiding in Him & His words as His disciples. So the truth about eternal security is there. John 6:37-40

But not everyone will be found abiding in Him when He comes as the Bridegroom at the rapture event.

Jesus warned His disciples in verse 6 of John 15:1-8 which is about being fruitful as His disciples, not about obtaining salvation so there is a casting out for not abiding in Him & His words.

Note verse 2 in how He prunes us as we grow in our walk with the Lord in bearing fruits as His disciples. John 15:1-8

So there is a casting forth from the vine when not found abiding in Him as His disciples in bearing fruit. This does not mean loss of salvation, but loss of being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection to attend the Marriage supper in Heaven at the rapture event when you compare with other scripture about this kind of casting out. Revelation 2:18 -25

To align with other truth in scripture as well as John 6:37-40, that there is no loss of salvation, we go to how He will judge those left behind in that day with physical death but the spirit is still saved. 1 Corinthians 3:10-17

So that foundation remains regardless of the works built on it that gets burned away by Him. That is Him finishing His work in those left behind without destroying His work of salvation.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Opening post was shortened by leaving scriptural references except for the last 2 verses.

Those who wish to read the scripture to those scripture references may continue on to second post.

2. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not cast out of His kingdom nor cast out of His hand, but cast out from the Marriage supper for not being ready as found abiding in Him & His words as His disciples. So the truth about eternal security is there.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

But not everyone will be found abiding in Him when He comes as the Bridegroom at the rapture event.

Jesus warned His disciples in verse 6 of John 15:1-8 which is about being fruitful as His disciples, not about obtaining salvation so there is a casting out for not abiding in Him & His words.

Note verse 2 below in how He prunes us as we grow in our walk with the Lord in bearing fruits as His disciples.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

So there is a casting forth from the vine when not found abiding in Him as His disciples in bearing fruit. This does not mean loss of salvation, but loss of being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection to attend the Marriage supper in Heaven at the rapture event when you compare with other scripture about this kind of casting out.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

To align with other truth in scripture as well as John 6:37-40, that there is no loss of salvation, we go to how He will judge those left behind in that day with physical death but the spirit is still saved.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So that foundation remains regardless of the works built on it that gets burned away by Him. That is Him finishing His work in those left behind without destroying His work of salvation.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

3. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    what does Revelation 3:16 mean, "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth"?

4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh... Judaizer 101 in session...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same meaning as "not receiving but cast out" as applied metaphorically in scripture..

Revelation 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

And

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

And

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 15:6, ". . . If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. . . ." 1 John 3:6, ". . . Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. . . ."
    Many genuine Christians do not understand this in the same way. The difference from being under the Law, 1 John 3:4, James 2:10 or being under grace, Romans 4:15, Romans 6:14, ". . . For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. . . ."
    I am of the point of view that everyone starts out in the vine by reason Christ died for the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Only those who have come to faith in Christ abide in the vine by reason God keeps them there, John 6:37.

7. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Book of 1 John was written to address believers that have erred thinking that sin was no longer sin to them for why they were walking in darkness.

Although I agree that every believer starts out in the vine as clean but as we grow in the Lord, we are pruned from errors to bear more fruit per your reference of the vine & cleanness in John 15:1-3 This is why the pruning process is not to be resisted or ignored when that would mean ceasing to be abiding in Him & His words to risk when He comes as a Bridegroom of us being cut off and left behind when that calamity of fire comes on the earth per Luke 12:40-49.

That does not mean those cut off from the vine are not saved when John 6:37 says they will not be cast out of His hand or His kingdom, but there are verses that testify to being cast out from attending the Marriage Supper in Heaven with the O.T. saints for being workers of iniquity per Luke 13:24-30. He will finish His work in the former believers & unrepentant saints left behind per 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 for why John 6:37 is still true.

#7 Hark, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved by Grace or by works?

9. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not about loss of salvation. Those left behind are still saved but denied by Him for being in iniquity as denying Him, thus disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

Until you guys address the scripture and how it is applied, you will never be able to correct me for what you ":think" I am saying, because you are not addressing what He is saying.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ONLY ones outside of the Marriage supper are those not robed in Jesus, so that would be all unsaved!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the robe? Our faith in Jesus Christ. So can a saved believer be taken to the Marriage supper without his robe or wedding garment?

Matthew 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. 11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

What can void faith?

Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: 15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

So if anyone thought they were running that race to obtain salvation, then they are voiding faith in Him as their Saviour.

If anyone running that race as already saved but by faith in Him as our Good Shepherd daily to help us lay aside every weight & sin to be received by Him as that vessel unto honor in His House, thus He kept us worthy, they will have more reasons to praise Him.

If anyone sows to the flesh daily in reaping corruption, then they are NOT looking by faith in Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to help them lay aside every weight & sin to be found abiding in Him when He comes as the Bridegroom and they will be found unworthy and left behind too to be resurrected later on after the great tribulation..

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You preach a message similar to Jehovah's Witnesses. It is a law-based teaching that any child of God should reject.

I don't intend on wasting my time trying to correct you. Just note that you would be one of the ones left behind in your scenario.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE sign of being able to go in will be having the indwelling Holy Spirit, and ALL saved are sealed by Him!

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have not done any correcting by scripture at all. In fact you left the scripture in how I apply it alone as if you cannot apply it in any other way.

As for Jehovah's witnesses, there is nothing for how you would claim I preach like them when I keep telling you that those left behind are still saved. Therefore discipleship aka running that race is not about obtaining salvation when we are saved, but about walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son, so that He will receive us as vessels unto honor in His House instead of being denied by Him for being in unrepentant iniquity still thus left behind in becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House but still in His House and thus saved.

15. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since believers can fall away from the faith and thus become former believers, He still abides. That means the Holy Spirit can still be in former believers and yet be naked of their faith in Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

You need to devote some time studying with the Lord in understanding His words, because you seem to be not hearing Him.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Christ, have the indwelling Holy Spirit, all of the saved, unsaved have neither!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, Jesus will come at the last day and rule forever. Destroying those opposed to him. Your entire concept of the rapture, followed by 7 year tribulation, is a man-made theory. What we read is that the elect are redeemed and Jesus returns.
    This is my last comment to you in this thread. Feel free to remain in your position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can one still be indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and yet no longer be In Christ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is true but not what we are talking about nor what the scripture is talking about in regards to the OP..

You can only refute the topic by addressing how the scripture is meaning something else but you cannot. So ask Jesus for help to understand what is written.. or don't and remain unfruitful in that regard

20. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still do not see any scripture refuting the scripture I have applied in the OP, brother.

But may God bless you anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.