1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can one of you help me looking for good sbc colleges

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Dallasdid, Sep 14, 2003.

1. atestring

atestring New Member

Choosing a college is a vfery serious decission.
    I was involved in helping my son choose a coolege.
    We are from Alabama and we looked basically in Alabama.
    He choose Samford University which is a SBC School. It tends to be very ecumenical in nature which is what my son wanted.
    If you want to go to a shcool that will promote the SBC you might look at The University of Mobile.

My son has a friend that Went to Mississippi College in Jackson Mississippi. They are not as ecumenical as Samford but are probably more ecumenical than the University of Mobile.

One of the reasons that my son choose Samford is the size of the school which has about 5000 students including graduate students.

Money was a factor with us but he was blessed with a scholarship.
    My advise to you is to apply early. You never know if you may qualify for a scholarship but most scholarships need to be applied for by the 1st of December of your Senior High schoool year. Tell your friends this because if they snooze they loose.
    Do what you need to do to visit campuses.
    We narrowed the search to 3 and prayerfull sought God's will.

May God Bless you in your search

2. goodwyne

goodwyne New Member

Charleston Souuthern University in Charleston, SC offers a youth ministry degree. It really amounts to a religion degree with an emphasis on youth ministry but it is very good. I am currently a student there and the religion department, while small, is top quality! CSU is a South Carolina Baptist university.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

My alma mater is Oklahoma Baptist University.

4. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For a Baptist college where you can get a good ministerial education, Click Here . BTW, this is where I am pursuing a master's in Curriculum and Instruction.