1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can people be saved after they are dead?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mandym, Mar 10, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

You opinion is that it's possible. You don't have to know everything about the afterlife to know what the Bible teaches.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can people be saved after they are dead?

First, Only God can save.

Can He save someone after they die? Yes, of course He can.

But will He ? Does He? Has He ever? - No, Not according to the scripture.

HankD

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [offensive statement removed]

#23 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
  4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A question for all.

In Rev. 20:13 we see the sea gives up dead, Hades gives up dead and death gives up dead.

I believe the Israelites generally buried their dead. David was laid unto his fathers.

We have all seen film of sailors during WW2 being buried at sea.
    We have all been to funerals where we have seen some interred.
    Some have been obliterated before our eyes one shuttle launch one on reentry
    and the twin towers. Plus the dropping of the atomic bombs.

The sea, Hades and death.

It is all death. The wages of sin I might add.

Is that not what salvation is from, death?

Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; (death)

Was he saved from death before or after he died? Was he given life from the dead or life from life?

If he did not suffer death and if he did not die, death and if he was not raised from the dead, death you have no, 0, hope that you are saved.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your point?

HankD

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

A man could preach this stuff, and probably have the biggest church in Anytown, USA. Just tell'em to live as they please, and when they died, they could be saved, and go to heaven. When it comes to preaching God's Word, most want a backscratcher, and not the "rod".

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could there have been a lost sheep living in South America or Australia prior to Columbus leaving Europe. If yes and he is saved, how and when will he be saved. If no, then the point is moot.

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which [is] upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

I would assume that this is a whole bunch of people. I mean, like mind blowing in number. What I really mean is we may not have a number this big.

Are these people saved or unsaved? How are they saved if the answer is yes?

Is the absolute end result for a man that is saved, to be, resurrection from the dead with with eternal life in an eternal body? Would that be construed as eternal salvation? Have we inherited that total package yet? Those with the Holy Spirit of adoption are said to be joint heirs with Christ? To Abraham and his one seed Christ were the promises made and Abraham is dead not having received the promise. The law was added until the seed, Christ, came to whom the promise was made? What promise did this seed inherit that we are joint heirs of, which we have not inherited as yet?

There is only one man born of woman who has received, inherited, the promise the rest living or dead who are joint heirs, are still just that, heirs.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this the whole of man.

And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. As the stars of heaven and the sand on the seashore the seed of Abraham through his seed Christ. A whole bunch?

#29 percho, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good questions percho.

To be honest, I don't know how to answer.

Jesus said

Matthew 7
    13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.​

I don't know how to reconcile "few" on the the hand and "the stars of the sea" on the other.​

Perhaps He meant it in the sense of - up until this time.​

Or perhaps the Primitive Baptists are correct (which I would certainly prefer).​

What do you think?​

HankD​

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do the PB's think?

I think it was appointed unto man once to die. I think that appointment was made in reality before man was created. Meaning, the Lamb was slain, meaning death, prior to man being created subject to death. Just as Satan deceived Eve, he has deceived the whole world οἰκουμένη I believe to mean the earth inhabited, I know no Greek, BTW. Christ a living soul just like Adam
    came a little lower than the angels for the very purpose of death that through death he could destroy him who has the power of death that is the Devil. Thus destroying death.

Let's ask if Satan is deceiving the whole world presently or the great majority of the world and has deceived the majority of mankind in the pass, what is the purpose of binding him at the return of Christ so he cannot deceive the world during Christ reigning on the throne of his glory. Would that mean the people being ruled by the kingdom of God but not yet born into the kingdom of God would not have to deal with the deception of Satan when all of mankind past had to? Does after this the judgement, mean sentencing or are they resurrected and given a judgement period free of the deception from Satan as those during the period after the coming of Christ in his kingdom?

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My answer: that would really be great percho and I would love it to be so.

HankD

#32 HankD, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  13. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My answer is I really do not know. I just we believe we have a tendency to limit what God is doing sometime.

I am not a Universalist but I do believe the children of Abraham through the Christ will far out number the children of perdition, just from the sand upon the seashore plus the stars of heaven in number.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is an inconceivable number.

I've seen statistics that there are possibly 20 billion galaxies with approx 60 billion suns in each (and that's only what we can detect with current technology).

I don't even want to try to contemplate the sands of the sea.

It's true, we do limit God, but I think He understands our shortcomings.

HankD