1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can People really Levitate?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Jan 28, 2005.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you are right and I am sincerely glad that you drew my attention to my mistake.

HankD

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Bro. Hank! Thanks for being my friend

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problem bro. [​IMG]

HankD

4. Mommyperson

Mommyperson New Member

HAHAHA....Thanks for the humor..
    Unless Clark Kent figured out how to make a phone booth levitate while changing into his Superman suit, I think perhaps the hero you are refering to is the Greatest American Hero.

Didn't Willaim Katt play a comical version of the American Hero and wasn't his opening jiggle,
    "Believe it or not I'm walking on air..?"

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Actually levitation is no joking matter. With an increasing number of people becoming more interested in the paranormal and the occult every day such activities are becoming more and more common. A missionary to the aboriginals lived in a house that was built (without his knowledge) on an ancient Indian cemetery. Often during the night he and his wife would wake up to hear the fridge door opening and shutting; or the TV comin off and on; and yes, sometimes a piece of furniture "levitating" and moving from one corner to another. Was he making it all up. No. He has no reason to. He is a humble man of God, who has been working among these people most of his life. The fact is that there are demons that are at work in this world. They are very capable of making things move. Satan works "miracles."

2 Timothy 3:7-9 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
    9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Paul was speaking of the end times. People ever learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth--just like today. It was Jannes and Jambres that were the magicians that worked their miracles by the power of demons when they opposed Moses. Men today do the same thing.
    But their folly will eventually be made manifest to all men. The power of Christ is greater than the power of demons.
    "Greater is he than is in then he that is in the world."
    DHK

6. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I couldn't stand the theme song to that show

7. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

originally posted by blackbird
    Sorry I did not answer sooner I had some bussiness to take care of and completely failed to respond. Anyways I can tell you this because I my self have expierenced such paranormal activity first hand. Let me tell you a story, it all started back when I was ten years old. I was washing the dishes and I came across a glass which was one of my fathers favorites, he would always tell us when we washed one of his favorite glasses to treat them with special care, so I took the glass checked it for crackes or damage (there was none)placed it on the counter, and began to finish washing the other dishes while I was doing so, a certain fear came over me that what if that glass were to break, suddenly most of all my focuse was that glass breaking, and for some reason I could not stop thinking about it, the more I washed the dishes the more I focused on that glass until all in one instence POW! the glass exploded in all directions, I was terrfied. Ever since that happened there have been repeated occasions of such, I later found out that other members of my family also had such things happen to them.

I would be happy to share more information with you guys, just throw up some more questions.

your servant
    fishnbread

8. Pete

Pete New Member

Yes. A few times I have been in a group of a few hundred people and we were all levitated for over 12 hours...But it only seems to happen in vicinity of Boeing products... :confused: :D

9. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fell off a ladder once and found out that I could not. [​IMG]