1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Satan copy Jesus' style?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 14, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Have you ever thought about this? Jesus had great wisdom and he spoke with great authority. He made the pharisees shut up because they realized that he's simply too smart for them. Now if somebody studies Jesus' style do you think it is possible to copy his style?
    I'm asking this because what do you do if you read a book for example where somebody claims to have a message from Jesus and the style and the choice of words are exactly the same and you think: "This really sounds like the stuff Jesus said in the bible." Does this mean that if it "sounds" like Jesus then it is Jesus?
    Or do you think that Satan can sound just as smart as Jesus?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Satan has always tried to imitate the Savior in order to deceive God's children, but we have the Holy Spirit and the scriptures to keep us from being deceived. We have the truth in other words. This is one reason why we must stay in God's word because there we find truth so that we won't be deceived. Hope that made sense, I'm tired tonight.:tongue3:

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

There are a lot of counterfeits out there mimicking Jesus, always have been, always will be. God gave us all we need in scripture, Jesus is not going to give further messages or revelation about Himself or God, apart from scripture. Just because someone is able to copy His style does not make them Jesus. Satan is the great deciever, a liar, and if he can make just one person think he is something he isn't he is going to do it, becasue that draws them away from the real Jesus.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I also find it hard to comprehend why God should suddenly give christians new revelations and make them write books about heaven or hell. This makes no sense. But there are christians which claim Jesus showed them heaven or hell and told them to write a book about it to warn others. Does this make sense? I don't think so. This doesn't sound like God to me. God doesn't need new books and new revelations.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The Scriptures gives us that answer.

2 Corith:
    13: For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
    14: And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    15: Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

So do you think that all these christians which claim to have been shown hell or heaven by Jesus are deceived?

Many of these books contain very doubtful passages. For example in one book a woman is shown heaven and later on hell by Jesus.
    She sees her mother in hell and it's terrible and she suffers from having to watch this and she asks Jesus why she is in hell and says that she was a good woman and always tried to help others but she had never heard of Jesus and then Jesus says something like: Being good doesn't help you if you don't know me.
    I think this is a very strange scene and it makes God look totally mercyless. I don't think that God sends anyone to hell who has not even had the chance to become saved, this is sick. People which have never had the chance to repent and to believe in Jesus also have to have the chance to become saved somehow. Otherwise some people were already made for destruction. Does this fit to God? I don't think so.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Very good XD. For God so loved the WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16) God provides a way for those who are willing to come to Him because He is merciful.
    Be very wary of stories like this. God has already revealed Himself in scripture.:love2:
    How are you feeling today?

8. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

New is relative -- are you speaking of New Testament?

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you having a problem with 1Cor 12 or 14?

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As for "copying Jesus' style" - he appears as "an angel of light" 2Cor 11.

In fact - he places Himself in "the seat of God showing and claiming that he IS God" --

coming in the clouds of heaven with many bright and shiny angels -- landing in Jerusalem - setting up is government.

A pretty convincing display if you ask me.

In Christ,

Bob

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know this, there is none on earth who is Satan's equal as far as power and intelligence. It is only the light of the Holy Ghost that can illuminate Satan's deceptions.

12. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

The book which I was talking about is this one here.

http://www.spiritlessons.com/hisr_video_transcript.htm

Here are a few excerpts where Jesus is supposed to be speaking....
    What do you think about this stuff? To me it simply seems very hard to believe that Jesus should grant people such experiences to make them write books in order to warn others. There are testimonies over testimonies of people which claim that they were in hell and Jesus sent them back to warn others. Does this sound like Jesus to you? And this book here became a bestselling book among christians. Christians seem to be totally keen on reading stuff about heaven....
    I think this is dangerous. People read this and think it's Jesus. If this was indeed Jesus then these words, which are in red, have the same authority as the bible!! This is crazy,

Very first time He only showed me His throne room. Then after that we came down from heaven and the, we were sitting on the sand on earthly beach. And then He began to talk. He said, "We just went to Kingdom of Heaven. The only one who will come there are obedient and pure hearted", and He said "Preaching gospel is very important" and He waited for awhile, and He said "those who don’t tithe, they are disobedient Christians." That was the last word He said the first trip.

In heaven whatever he showed me was such an exciting thing and awesome things but next, He showed me Hell. He took me to hell, the first thing I seen inside was all fire, but it was deep, dark, endless hole. People were naked, with no hair. They didn’t have no hair, they didn’t have no clothes on, all naked body. They were standing so close to each other. Seems like they are, they were pushing each other against because they want to get away from the fire. Each time they move, the fire follow them, back and forth, back and forth, just whole place was fire, and these people were standing so close to each other. They looked so pain and sad and I couldn’t help crying so much for them. Then he took there a second time and I saw same people again. Then I heard voices and I looked a the directions, so many Orientals there. And this one lady, she was waving at me, saying so hot, so hot. I looked at her and our eyes meet each other. That my mother. When I realized it was my mother, my heart dropped and I began to cry. I have never felt such a pain, just pain. So pain, I didn’t know what to do. And she kept saying hot, hot and she was waving at me. And the way I seen it, she wanted me to come down and help her. Then I looked, other people, there was my dad, my stepmother, my young nephew, he died very young and two friends that I knew. Oh, that was such a painful memory and I keep crying crying crying, then the Lord Jesus told me “daughter, I have a good reason to show you this, but I am hurting more than you are”. Uumm. And I told Him, Lord, my mother, she died young, she has been sick for a very long time. I don’t think she was a bad person. He said, "It does not matter how good people are, whoever doesn't know me, this is the only place they go." But in my heart saying, why are you showing me this to hurt me this way. I thought about that, but I could never angry at Him. I couldn’t see His face, but I could tell He was crying with me. I just feel that. He looked so sad, then He touch my head, took my hand, we walked out there and I was crying the whole time we were walking. In the book, I explained the very details, so, then, next visiting he showed me another sad thing. It was aborted babies. He took me to this one place it was a huge building. They looked like warehouse. When we walked in it, all I see was babies, tiny, tiny naked babies. And they were lying side by side. Humm, and I began to cry. Lord, why is so many babies. He said, "they are the aborted babies". I said what are you going to do with them. He said that if their mothers are saved and they come to heaven, they will have their baby back. That was it.

13. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Such foolishness is not for the Christian to read. It is a deplorable waste of your time. Use your time to serve your Savior, not these false stories.

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

@ DQ

But how exactly do we judge these things? How do we know if it's real or not? This is the question. :confused:

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

XDX, I know you have been told this before...There are NO new revelations. All we are to know is in the Bible. Don't believe all this stuff! If you are going to grow as a Christian, you MUST stop listening to all the weird stuff outside of God's word. Find a church and get in Bible study with other believers. You are courting disaster and if you're not careful, you're going to end up totally deceived. Read the WORD and leave all the other stuff behind. :1_grouphug:

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I don't believe this stuff and I also don't read such books. A few years ago I have read the books from Mary Baxter which claimed to have seen heaven and hell. Back then I was simply curious and not so sceptical. I wouldn't read something like this again. But I'm simply confused about what to think of such books. Are the people which write them liars or are they simply deceived? If they are deceived then I ask myself how they could be deceived. Because if Satan could do something like this with every christian then he would most likely do it. But the christians have to have some protection. I wonder why some can still be deceived and experience such things?

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

They don't experience such things. People lie. And a Christian can be deceived because he doesn't trust the word of the living God! Instead he goes to websites and reads garbage and listens to false teachers preach their garbage. Please get yourself a good study Bible and READ IT!

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what if somebody is a real christian and claims to have seen heaven or hell?
    What do you do then?

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ignore them.