1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can Someone answer this ??? RE: Black Lifes Matter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So...God doesn't want humans to have life, liberty and pursue happiness?

Ecclesiastes 2:24-25 There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God, for apart from him who can eat or who can have enjoyment?

Ecclesiastes 9:7-10 Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do. Let your garments be always white. Let not oil be lacking on your head. Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You made the statement that these “types” were “hogwash conceived in the minds of arrogant men”.

I’m just pointing out these “types” were in fact conceived in the mind of God and given to men. You can argue the scope and intent, but you can’t really rationally argue the concepts are not biblical, or worse, just the thoughts of arrogant men.

peace to you

3. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Provide the statement.

Do you intend to answer any of my questions?

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The implication of the BLM statement is that someone or some people, behave in a way that says Black Lives Do Not Matter. Thus the BLM declares the existence of a significant number of racist haters who think Black Lives do not matter.
    So if anyone denies the widespread belief, constantly nurtured by left wing agitators, they are part of the problem.
    How many decades ago was the choke hold (sleeper) outlawed? How many TV shows turned on the idea of other cops not reporting its use? To read today's coverage you would think the idea just occurred.

Why is it so hard to weed out the badge heavy bullies, are they protected by left leaning unions? I saw a report that claimed the killer had about 18 reports of poor performance, including two reprimands, yet he was a "training" officer! The left wing management of Law Enforcement will not be held accountable by left wing media.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The unions donate to the Democrats so the Democrats do nothing against the unions.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure that will be brought out at the trial - in fact - if there were over a dozen write-up - the Chain of command may be in for a big surprise.

Also should the rap sheet of Floyd be brought up.l

When you see the full length picture of him - that guy is big. I think that the defense will bring that up - along with his lengthy rap sheet - and contend that Floyd was still a threat.

Will be an interesting trial.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really interesting because the cop is a psycho sadist criminal.

The left cannot abolish police because they want a police state.

People are moving out of Democrat-run cities because of the low quality of life. Downtown Indianapolis saw 2 or 3 people murdered during the riots which attacked 30 businesses in an already distressed downtown area. The white flight from Indianapolis will increase because downtown is not safe at night and has little to offer in the daytime. Try selling a house in Indianapolis. It's the rust belt.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think, R. Dude, that BLM is a terrorist organization?

Roman Catholic intellectual and teacher Timothy Gordon was fired from a Catholic High School in California for saying that BLM was a terrorist organization on Twitter. He is highly educated, may be a lawyer (I can't remember), the author of a few books, and an expert on St. Thomas Aquinas. Here is his statement:

On June 3, 2020, I was wrongfully terminated by the Diocese of Fresno from my teaching position with Garces Memorial High School. The decision was made after I expressed disapproval on Twitter of the recent violent attacks on innocent people by radical groups, and the recent looting and destruction of businesses across the United States.

I called on our country to take action and to use necessary force to protect us from these violent rioters and looters. I am not a racist. As a Christian, I love all races equally: “in Christ there is neither Greek or Jew.” I am a devoted and dedicated husband and father of 6 kids, one of which is recovering from brain surgery. I am a teacher, and I love and support all of my students.

The Diocese’s decision to terminate me was wrongful and a clear breach of my employment contract. The Diocese is discriminating against me because of my conservative political and religious views.

What I have learned from this experience is simple: the Left will stop at nothing to silence and destroy anyone with whom they disagree. They are organized and committed to shutting down debate, silencing speech, and destroying their opponents’ reputations and livelihoods. I will seek justice in the courts.

Catholic school fires teacher for criticizing Black Lives Matter as ‘terrorist’ org

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, often a person being (or not being) a racist is in the eye of the beholder.

Sorry about your termination - I trust you will soon find new employment.

BTW - what subject do you teach?

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The statement is from Timothy Gordon. He is highly educated and probably taught Roman Catholic doctrine and/or theology at a Roman Catholic high school in California. He tweeted that BLM is a terrorist organization.

Do you think that BLM is a terrorist organization?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Timothy J. Gordon studied philosophy in Pontifical graduate universities in Europe, taught it at Southern Californian community colleges, and then went on to law school. He holds degrees in literature, history, philosophy, and law. Currently, he resides in central California with his wife and five children, where he writes and teaches philosophy and theology. He is the author of Catholic Republic: Why America Will Perish without Rome (Sophia Institute Press, 2019).

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your statement that I referenced is found in your post #32.

I don’t want to derail this thread, I was only pointing out that you were incorrect when you stated the God-given rights articulated in the DOI were “conceived in the minds of arrogant men”.

They are clearly biblical concepts. If you want to start another thread to argue your point, I’ll consider posting there.

peace to you

13. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My post #32
    I did not any "types" were hogwash, etc.

To state my position another way, I see no scripture where God decreed that all of mankind was blessed by Him with a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. He blesses His chosen people with liberty from sin controlling their life resulting in be granted spiritual life and eternal life and joy in the Lord. These are the sheep of His pasture.

He has not blessed the children of Satan (goats) in ANY such manner but instead condemns them to punishment.

The statement of the arrogant men includes the GOATS in blessings of God.

[Deu 4:24 KJV] 24 For the LORD thy God [is] a consuming fire, [even] a jealous God.

I do not advise any mortal man attribute to God positions/statement He did not take/make.

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Start a new thread.

Thanks for the conversation.

peace to you

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case you're interested, here's a link to a thread where he and I discussed it a bit.

Commission-on-unalienable-rights

16. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see all of this plague and careless response through unrest to it as God's judgment.
    “Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?” Amos 3:6 (KJV 1900)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's God's goodness.
    God, in his kindness is telling us he wants us to repent and not remain in rebellion.
    The sadness is that humans don't seem to be responding. At some point, God will give us over to our evil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Timothy Gordon Is saying that BLM is on the FBI's terrorist watch list so it is a terrorist organization if I understand correctly. Michael Voris of Church Militant says that BLM supports the homosexual agenda and the destruction of the traditional family on their own website. They apparently influenced the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fresno to fire Timothy Gordon from his teaching job based upon his support of traditional catholic values. So his bishop threw him and his family to the wolves. Outfits such as GoFundMe will not take up collections for conservatives and they usually refund the donations back to the donor. Gordon lost his health insurance at a time when his eldest daughter, a young child, had just undergone brain surgery. It is difficult to understand how quickly the Bishop of Fresno kowtowed to BLM and fired a young Catholic intellectual with no complaints at his workplace--a person probably more highly educated than anyone else and a person who worked tirelessly for the RCC.

So BLM is a terrible group. To quote Shakespeare, there is no more mercy in BLM than there is milk in a male tiger. BLM controls the left wing of the Democrat Party and has Biden in their fold as he is disinterested in standing for the truth.

From Church Militant and Michael Voris:

BLM is a racist group in and of itself because it highlights the issue of racism solely as a wedge issue to advance a broader agenda. What's their agenda? It's one completely in lockstep — or better said, goose step — with the Marxist Democrats.

Look at their website and click on the "About" page, and then click "What we believe." Scroll down and observe how racism fades into the background near the bottom and is replaced with the entire checklist of the Joe Biden-brain-dead-Marxists over at Party of Death headquarters.

Here at just some the highlights:

• All black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression
    • We make space for transgender
    • We do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege
    • We dismantle the patriarchal practice
    • We foster a queer‐affirming network
    • We are freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking
    And here's the summary statement of their entire existence: We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure. This group opposes Western civilization.

A 'Terrorist Organization'

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ll take a look. Thanks

peace to you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see God's 4 sore judgements everywhere I look.

Scripture mentions God's four sore Judgements. They are defined in the book of Revelation. And defined several places in the OT.

“I looked, and there before me was a pale horse. Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill people by war, by starvation, by disease, and by the wild animals of the earth.” Revelation 6:8 (NCV)

If we study all that plagues the human race, it seems all but accidents fall into one of these four categories. And we know God controls accidents too. The wild beasts seem far removed unless we include the transmission of disease from animals to humans. Like bats and rats spreading plagues. War is unending today. Famine hangs in a fragile balance.

How about the riots making sure all but the elect catch it?

• Like Like x 1