1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can Someone answer this ??? RE: Black Lifes Matter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you read John Piper's book, "The Coronavirus and Christ?" I think it points toward what AustinC is stating.
    Here's the audio version:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the real problem. Al Qaeda, ISIS, China and Russia conquering, North Korean ICBMs, Iranian terror, Coronavirus, the crazy weather and fires, riots and looting, and foolish politicians that won't do the right thing. Bring us to Jesus Christ and repentance! Shown by blessing the righteous and rebuking the wicked so our nation is exalted. (Proverbs 11:11)

Our nation needs to understand it is increasingly under God's wrath for us to repent and put faith in Jesus Christ.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe, given Amos 2-3, that we are under God's wrath. Our cities and towns have been hit with multiple calamities in the US.

Al Qaeda, ISIS, China and Russia conquering, North Korean ICBMs, Iranian terror, Coronavirus, the crazy weather and fires, riots and looting, and foolish politicians that lead us astray and won't do the right thing. Bring us to Jesus Christ and repentance! Shown by blessing the righteous and rebuking the wicked so our nation is exalted. (Proverbs 11:11)

Our nation needs to understand it is increasingly under God's wrath for us to repent and put genuine faith in Jesus Christ.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the huge decrease in abortions and the U.S. embassy in Israel being moved to Jerusalem, there have been a lot of Christian folks who said this would bring God's increasing blessing, not God's increasing wrath. Have the goal posts now been moved?

[​IMG]

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, rather someone is playing fast and loose with the truth. I have never known Satan to be happy with anyone following God. Satan’s wrath can also be expressed—through his lackeys. Stealing, killing, destroying are their modes, just as they are his (cf. John 10:10a).

And never forget that, “All who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,” (2 Tim 3:12).

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely. That is why I am surprised that a number of Christians in the United States think they should be exempt from persecution.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and for the most part - there is no Christian persecution in this country

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, going to Moloch's temple a little less, and treating the Jews a little more nicely will save us from God's wrath? That's not the biblical standard.

As a Gentile state as powerful as an empire, Ninevah from the Book of Jonah should be our example. We live or die on heartfelt repentance.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sold on the idea that God still deals judges nations between 70 AD when Old Testament Israel fell(along with temple worship) and when Jesus returns to establish the new heavens and earth. But it is not something I am going to argue over. We are saved as individuals, not as nations.

12. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible doesn't say God changed things in terms of judging the nations as of Christ. Lacking strong evidence that something changed in history, like the apostolic miracles ending to show us that time is past. I must argue we are still under the rubric of the Prophets as opposed to the Torah or Law. If you don't want to debate, peace to you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm. That attitude hasn’t presented itself that I’ve noticed, but rather there seem to be elements bent on encouraging systems designed to do Satan’s bidding in just that way. And your post points out some of the methods of those systems.

Recently heard from a senator: “I’m not sure what the Democrats’ philosophy or principles are, or if they have any….” They have none of their own, but do share much in common with Satan's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN x 1000 !!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of you asked if I thought BLM was a terrorist group? and I'd be lying if I said anything other then YES, I believe they are terrorist in origin, Look at all the destruction that follows where they stage and riot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1