1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can someone help me?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Because He Lives, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Because He Lives

Site Supporter

Our computer hard drive crashed last month. So we had to get a new hard drive and reload our OS and other software. Before our computer crashed when I clicked on a link in an email (I use Microsoft Outlook), it would open in a full-size window. But now it opens in a smaller window and even though I live with three people who think they're computer geeks, no one seems to know how to fix it. :rolleyes: :D Do you? The same thing happens when I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer and tell a link to open in another window. Thanks for any help.

2. blush

blush New Member

(For me anyway) windows generally open in the same sort of position that they were when they were closed last... could that be it?

3. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BereanSearcher -

I found this in the Windows 98SE help section under the index heading windows, maximized:

4. Because He Lives

Site Supporter

I forgot to mention that our OS is Windows XP. I set my properties to run my windows maximized. It works when IE starts up, but when I tell a link to open in another window, it opens in a smaller size. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

5. Didasko

Didasko Guest

Try manually resizing the windo to full size. Often, XP will "remember" that the window is supposed to be maximized if it is done so manually. This might have to be done several times before Windows catches on. BTW, it works for me!

Didasko

6. Because He Lives

Site Supporter

Didasko,

Thanks. I think stretching the windows manually worked.

7. Didasko

Didasko Guest

You are most welcome!