1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can spiritists communicate with the dead?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jprieto, Jul 28, 2011.

1. jprieto

jprieto New Member

In 1 Samuel 28 ..... a spiritist was able to call up Samuel from the dead and Saul was able to converse with him

why can't it happen in modern times?

im not into it .... but here in miami many latins are really into it and i hear christians tell them that it is all fake

but it did happened in the Bible

what is the right path on this for me to take?

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who Says They Don't Speak To Folks Today?

This is defintiely an area that you need to know is forbidden by God, and it is something you need to keep at a spiritual arms length. This warning goes out to those who play around with Quija Board's and follow astrology guides.

BTW: When people ask me what my sign is, I tell them it is the "Blood Stained Cross!"

Below are some very good sites to help get you started in regard to this subject and why it is sinful and something believers should not even attempt to involve themselves with!

SEE: http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/talkingtodead.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/ghosts.html

http://worshippingchristian.org/talking_to_dead.html

In no way am I advocating any of these reference sites. I am merely providing them as a footing for you to begin to find some answers to your questions.

When it comes to this stuff, I consider myself wise enough, and Biblically sound enough to keep my distance. What you are talking about is demonic in nature, and you need to be very careful where you place your feet.

That little Sunday School song says it so well: "Be careful little feet where you go!"

I'm sure there will many more opinions, and good wisdom in regard to this question you posted. It is an honest question, and it deserves wisdom and prayer. Just know that I've seen some things that would make your hair stand on ends. And I saw it from a Christian point of view. I was prayerfully covered and anointed, and knew enough to (like Joseph when tempted by Potiphar's wife - Gen. 39:7-20) RUN!

It is my prayer that this helps to get you on the right path to finding out some information about the issue you raised. I know that many BB members will also help point you in the right direction.

Blessings to you...and, never go anywhere that you have not first paved the way with solid prayer!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

#2 righteousdude2, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

remember that God EXPRESSLY forbides even dealing with Occult, as ONLY God is our source to seek for ALL spiritual matters...

ALL other spiritual l stuff, tarot cards, mediums etc are largely majority bogus, minority really demonic/satanic

But MUST avoid at all costs! Unless involved in ministry against that!

And God appears to have "permitted" Samuel to be contacted in order to make final judgement on Saul pronouncement by God, NOT normitive nor acceptable at any other time!