1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can sthe unregenerate seek God w/o His drawing them?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SovereignGrace, Sep 3, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Election belongs to everyone. Cals and those who are not cals define it differently but everyone holds to election.

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was raised in a Grace Church and was taught from an early age that God will save his people. That my brother is the what the scriptures teaches and I read and understand it as nothing else. The angel told Mary; thou shall bring forth a Son, and thou shall call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins... There are three shalls in this verse... Three is important in scripture... God says he will save his people, The Son says he will save his people, and the Holy Spirit says he will save his people... In the book of Revelation is an unnumerable host that no man can number gathered around the throne of God praising the Lord Jesus Christ for their Salvation... Out of every kindred tongue, people and nation!... In answer to your question many on here will say according to that testimony that person is not saved... The last time I checked scripture God is the only one in the Salvation business not us and it is entirely in his hands... The question remains do you believe it?... Brother Glen

3. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True!... but you can't discuss it here!... Brother Glen

4. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

If one is drawn by the Holy Spirit he is made alive to himself as being a hell bound sinner and alive to the fact he has broken God's holy law in thought word and deed. He is alive to the fact he is unworthy, unfit, loathsome, deserving of the wrath of God. He is alive to the fact that God is Holy and by no means will clear the guilty, Numbers 14:8. Once a man is made alive to these things he is also made alive to the fact he cannot save himself but he needs a substitute, Christ. And once a man is made alive by God he will be spiritually alive forever more.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does that mean? Everyone is not elected by God.

6. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderously beautiful! :applause: :jesus: :godisgood::thumbsup:

7. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that rings true then everybody is saved, non?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you cut my statement in half then you rip it out of context but then you already knew that.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why then did you say : "Election belongs to everyone." Either you think it does or are now reconsidering that it does not.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are assigning to my words what you want to instead of taking them as I meant them and the context I placed them in so let me help you out. Here is the other part of what I said that places those words in the intended context "Cals and those who are not cals define it differently but everyone holds to election."

#30 Revmitchell, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
  11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you define it?

12. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN!... Now there is a candidate for Heaven!... How many times does this have to be repeated?... Shout it from earth to the heavens!... IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS CHRIST!... Brother Glen:jesus:

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The biblical doctrine of election belongs in this forum. See 2 Thessalonians 2:13 where God chooses individuals for salvation through faith in the truth. Since people are not regenerated before they are chosen, then faith precedes regeneration, just like John 1:12 says.