1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Sunday School be saved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Jan 10, 2012.

1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I just got done teaching my church (from 1 Peter 1:1-2) two important concepts, hermeneutics and pericope. I did that to prepare them for context-based Bible study and also so that I could introduce 1 Peter 1:2-12, which in the Greek is all one sentence. My remarks were centered around the issue that IF 12 verses with multiple sentences in English are all one sentence in Greek, then we must find THE subject and the verb for that entire sentence! Indeed, that one subject and verb IS the sentence, all the rest is description of the main clause. That is what happens when true Bible study happens. Oh, and the people get to hear God via His Word as God intended.

2. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

We , at times, like to have the greek text as the reference source in SS class, but discuss what various translations say for each passage in question!

sometimes the class gets surprised by either how ALL translations into English have a degree of intrepretation involved , and how some just "miss the mark!" as regards to the greek!

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I am planning a workshop for our church, open to the public too, with the purpose of teaching people how to study for themselves. There is no reason for the people to be reliant on the pastor. I hope to leave them with only one excuse, laziness, and even that will not fly with me. At least they won't be able to claim that no one has taught them how, or at least offered to teach them how.