1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can the Elect be cut out?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jun 7, 2006.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Romans 11:
    17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

2 Timothy 2:12if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't see "elect" in either passage.:confused:

3. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

the elect

He that endures to the end shall be saved!

All of the elect will endure to the end.
    There are many that appear to us to be true christians that are not.
    We have no way, other that observing their fruit over a period of time of feeling they are true christians. We can all be mistaken about others. Our big responsibility is be certain we are for real! The elect have no identifying mark and are known for sure only to God. We are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. All those who think if they 'believe' that Christ is God's Son, are christian can very well be mistaken. The devil also believes.
    Those who will endure to the end and be in heaven with Christ not only believe with their intellect but with their heart, soul and mind and do everything in their power to honor Him with their life and never take being a christian lightly!
    The false 'christian' is referred to in the parable as 'darnel' or a fake or make believe wheat, not the real thing and therefore what they sow isnt the real thing either.
    Today there is almost a famine of the Word. People want someone to tell them what to believe but dont want to dig it out and read the scripture until they come to an understanding of it.
    Also there are preachers that are skimming over the top to keep folks happy. They're kept happy on their way to destruction!

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

You (gentile believers) do not support the root (God), the root supports you branches. God is the root. He can cut off whom he will, and graft in whom he will. Therefore, boast not against the branches. The gentiles were grafted in by grace, and are born by the root, the will of God, and God is fully capable of withdrawing his favor from the gentiles and returning it to the jews. I believe that during the tribulation God will in fact do just that. However, it does not mean that God will cut off the elect individuals whom he foreknew.

#4 J.D., Jun 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  5. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

huh?

Are you thus saying you have no assurance?

6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

2B, Hello - was that question addressed to me? You might have read my post before I edited it. I believe in absolute assurance, eternal security, and preserverence. :)

7. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

Assurance

Yes, thanks for that confirmation!

8. psalms109:31

Elect

Our hope for our salvation is Jesus. The same hope He gave to me He has given to the world.

I myself cannot and will not be arrogant enough to say the same hope I have has not been given to everyone.

Will God respect me over someone else and not give them the hope I have?

Jews was the elect of God chosen to be His people, but those who not believed have been cut out.

If God did not spare these natural branches, He will not spare us either.

We are to hold on the hope we have, who is Jesus Christ.

Those who endure to the end shall be saved.

As long as we abide in Christ we are predestined with Him. If we reject Him, He will reject us.

Our debt is death, until you pay that you can never claim your salvation, but we must abide in Jesus Christ our only hope.

Jesus will never turn away from those who have been given to Him, but the scripture also teaches we can walk away from Him, just like the young rich ruler did.

The Jews is the elect of God, but they are those were cut out for unbelief.

I will continue my hope in Jesus. That is what God has convinced me of in my youth.

2 Timothy 2:
    Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

The only guarantee I have found in scripture for salvation, is diffidently not election, but Jesus

9. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hello Psalm109 - How is it arrogant to believe that God saved me by His grace alone through no merit of my own? I should think just the opposite, that there's nothing more humbling than knowing that God sovereignly chose to save me according to his purpose, and for no other reason.

The Jews were an elect nation. But not all Isreal is Isreal. God reserved to himself a faithful remnant among the nation. God cast aside the Jewish nation but not the jewish believers. The jewish believers were gathered into a new body - the church. True believers (there are false believers) are those that hear the voice of their sheppard and follow Him. He shall never cast them out. They will not follow the voice of a stranger.

10. psalms109:31

Arrogant

Has God truely chose you or have you chosen yourself?

None of us righteous enough.

We are saved by God's merit, by trusting in Jesus.

Jesus has not come to condemn the world, but to save it.

We are His messenger.

The scripture clearly teaches that the Jews is the elect of God, and they were not cut out for not being chosen, but because of unbelief.

We are not to be arrogant but afraid, for if God did not spare the natural branches He spare us either.

We are to keep our eyes on Jesus or we will drown.

We who are not jews have been included with
    the believing Jews, when we heard the Gospel of our salvation having believed.

#10 psalms109:31, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2006
  11. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

Prestonwood?

Well, if thats what is being taught at Prestonwood perhaps it would be helpful to either get deep into study of the word or to meet with the pastor for clarification of what is being taught there!
    Read Christ's affirmation of what He will do according to preserving His own in John 17. In fact also read the gospel of John for a clear picture.
    We are chosen and then place faith in Christ's word, His cross, His shed blood. This faith and salvation is given to us by Christ, Eph 2:8 and in no way relieves us of responsibility and accountability for our actions! We seek Him and love Him because He first loved us!

12. psalms109:31

Come back to the faith

Our hope is in Jesus Christ.

His own is believers. Believers are those who have been given to Him by the Father.

It is by faith that we have been saved.

Our faith in Jesus. That it is what Jesus had done that saved us.

This faith is given to us by His word.

Paul leters our writen to believers, and before even the foundation of the world God has predestined that believers in His Son shall be saved.

We must endure to the end to be saved and keep our focus on Jesus.

13. BD17

BD17 New Member

God did not respect you. Why is it that people who do not believe in election try to say that election makes God a respector of persons? It does not the elect were chosen before the foundation of the world, not because they were a nice person etc. but because God wanted to choose them. To be a RESPECTOR of person you have to RESPECT something about that person. God did not.

14. psalms109:31

Election

I do not disagree with election, just mens interpentation of it that forget God love for the world and the hope that the Father has given to it through Jesus His Son

Jesus did not come to condemn the world, but to save.

He doesn't respect anyone more than another. The same hope I have the Father has given to the world through His Son

We are the messengers of it.

Whosoever believes shall be saved.

Their is a limit on the workers of the field, but the harvast is plenty