1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can the Texas Rangers keep it going

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

A week after the all star break and the Texas Rangers have a 2 1/2 game lead over Oakland and 5 over Anaheim. As a long time Ranger fan, I am in shock. Early in the season I thought the would hit that inevitable (for them) 10-15 game losing streak - but those young guys just kept pressing on. Can it last - the next 10-12 games are against Oakland and Anaheim. Should the Rangers trade one of those young guns to rent a pitcher for the stretch run to bolster the starters?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

They are going to run out of gas, and be overtaken by the A's or the Angels. They are the Royals of last year. I think they have used all their energy getting to this point, and just are not going to have enough left in the tank. Although it has been a great season for them. In the end, I just dont think they have the pitchers, even if they trade for one, to sustain this to the end of the season.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

You may very well be correct. Rangers lost one of their young pitchers today to a smash off his elbow (broken). The next two weeks willl tell the tale - most of thier games are on the road vs Anaheim and Oakland.

BUT, they have bounced back from adversity all season. I would stack their infield up against anyones - including the Yanks - Blalock, Young, Soriano and Texiara. Now that Nix is back from injury the rangers outfield is pretty stout as well. The rangers also have the second best closer in the majors - after Gagne. If the starters can get 5-6 solid innings in the books the relievers can take it home.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I hope they do pull it out and stay on top! I am tired of seeing the same teams win. Good Luck Rangers!