1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can We Achieve Peace in the Middle East?

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Rufus_1611, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Can We Achieve Peace in the Middle East? by Ron Paul

Former President Carter’s new book about the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine has raised the ire of Americans on two sides of the debate. I say “two sides” rather than “both sides,” because there is another perspective that is never discussed in American politics. That perspective is the perspective of our founding fathers, namely that America should not intervene in the internal affairs of other nations.

Everyone assumes America must play the leading role in crafting some settlement or compromise between the Israelis and the Palestinians. But Jefferson, Madison, and Washington explicitly warned against involving ourselves in foreign conflicts.

...​

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An excellent article by Congressman Ron Paul. :thumbs:

3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

While looking through the archives on Ron Pauls site I came across this statement he made in adressing Congress last year.
    As it stands now we have proven that we are totally inept as a nation to resolve any of the problems going on in the Middle East. Why do American politicians believe that only Americans can broker peace?
    I find Ron Paul pretty much voices what Americans are feeling right now. Hard to believe that someone is listening after all.