1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can we agree on this?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brutus, Feb 22, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

scripture

Your age means nothing to God. Eternity could not make us understand all that God has for us or become more knowledgeable than Him.

I have no problem that it is God who does the work in us.

I am a child depending on God I will never out mature Him.

A wise man is meek and humble who trust in the Lord, not in our own understanding. He direct their paths.

I have no problem with God hiding the truth from the wise and learned and reavealing the truth to little children , do you?

The greatest among us men not God is a child.

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

My Father is crazy about me Psalms. He is not only interested in how many hairs I have on my head but everything else about me. :)

One does not need to understand love after one has understood love. To fall into an eternal bliss takes no understanding but giving, then whatever we need to know God will tell us. Jehovah Google. :)

And nor do I.

So, if you are a child then you believe God has revealed Himself to you because you were humble and meek or did He make you humble and meek?

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom as they say. Do you fear God Psalms?

He directs all men's paths doesn't he? PR 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

But if the wise are meek and humble... You see, you are using the word 'wise' in a different way? This is could be confusing. It is exploitable, to muddy the water.

But are the little children little children or are they adults with simplicity? I am a child depending on God I will never out mature Him.
    Why do you say you will never 'out mature' God? It isn't as if I said you could is it? What we will be has not been made know yet, 1 John 3:2.

I have no trouble with anything He does.

Ali said he was. :) The greatest? JN 14:28 "You heard me say, `I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
    Does greater equate with more importance or better or wiser or what?

Thanks Psalms.

john.

3. psalms109:31

Love

Neither i started my walk by trusting in Him and He worked in my life to change me, if I turned away from Him He would of not changed me. Instead of teaching men that they are not able to come, but tell them the reason why they should. We need to know we are not to be aragont, but afraid if God did not spare the natural branches He will not spare us either. We are to be meek and humble. God taught me through His word, so His word that lights my path.

Yes in the beginning,but not any longer. Because He first loved me. If I disown Jesus He will disown me.If I am unfaithful, He is faithful. If He say's He will disown me He will, because God is faithful to His word. If I stay in Jesus He will stay in me, because Jesus cannot disown Himself. I have no fear of God as long as I stay on the path He set out for me.

I agree, God did everything in the old testiment to direct the path of men for Jesus to come to bring salvation to all men. Today God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth and made us the messengers

Many wise are just wise in thier own eyes and need to be humble and meek.

Romans 11:19You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

johnp,

Absolutely! #1: God's mercy is NOT God's salvation. God's mercy would be like me having good parents or being protected from the consequences of having bad parents. There are always bad things that come as a result of someone else's sin. That's when God's mercy comes in. Get it?

Uh -- how's that? Or better -- WHERE'S that?

As usual, you compare apples to oranges, john. Why are you comparing what Job says about himself, AN ADULT, with the state of infants? Can you not for one second reply to the issue??

skypair

#44 skypair, Mar 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  5. skypair

skypair Active Member

Scripture indicates ADULTS in this passage.
    Innocence is nowhere in the Bible equated with righteousness -- so that statement is true. Righteousness means righteous as God. Obviously, an innocent infant cannot have the righteousness of God.

Did you notice that those verses talk about people who CAN TALK? or about MEN, not infants? Do you want to prove your point so badly that you won't find one where infants are said to have sin?

Poetic license, brutus. Tell me what specific sin David indicts himself for and you will make your argument believable.

Poetic license again -- infants can't speak. How could you possibly take such a statement as literal regarding the guilt of infants?

Yes -- tendencies, NOT sin guilt.

First off, I acknowledge "sin nature" for what it is -- and infants have it! You're maliciously slandering what I said!

Now I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I have written numerous times on your specific question on why they become sinful. Here it is: It is the "survival instinct" that ALL have that gets distorted to desiring WANTS rather than just one's NEEDS. If you look at the Garden of Eden, there was no want lacking, was there? But being cast out, everything came by effort causing men to not just survive but to lust after things he didn't need.

Oh blow it out your ear! Stop with the name-calling -- especially when you mistook what I said to begin with!

Do you just ignore what I said?? I said that if they do not survive to adulthood, they come through Christ and the Spirit in the MK. ALL will bow the knee before Christ -- and none ignorantly, BTW! Infants resurrected on account of innocence will bow the knee in the MK or at the GWT if they reject Him.

Yes -- and so I suggest you investigate what I am telling you rather than cling perilously to your unfounded theology!

skypair

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the Bible doesn't mean what it says SP ? Ps. 51:5 and 58:3 are just figurative ? Just some decorative backdrops ? What do those passages convey ? You have to either submit to the authority of Holy Writ or come out and say plainly that you don't believe God's Word . Innocence of babies is not a scriptural doctrine . You won't admit it , but Bible truth still stands . Besides innocence has a righteous connotation -- babies do not have that God-quality .

7. skypair

skypair Active Member

I showed you my biblical proof and it would seem from my perspective that it is YOU that will not submit to Holy Writ." Do you deny, for instance, that the Psalms are poetry?

"Innocence of babies" not scriptural doctrine? How is that Jesus said, "Of such is the kingdom of God?" What possible "qualification" does a child have for the kingdom of God if not innocence?

Ah -- you're starting to understand what I say. :D That's good, at least. Yes, there is a distinction between "innoncent" and "righteous." That is why children will 1) go to heaven if they die and 2) will come to Jesus in the MK with the rest of the "just" but not yet sanctified.

I'd say your need is to understand this last thought.

skypair

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Psalms

You say that your Christian life started in fear but you no longer live in fear. But you say that He will cut you off if you do not live according to His demand. How do you square these two conflicting ideas? One, that you have no fear and two, you will get cut off if you don't perform according to His demand?
    If you do not fear and continuing salvation depends on you then you must be very sure of yourself. Is that right.

john.

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

skypair.

It's you that hasn't got it. You say that children are innocent and I replied that Job said that even if he was innocent he would still need God's mercy.

JOB 9:15 Though I were innocent, I could not answer him; I could only plead with my Judge for mercy.
    JOB 9:20 Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.

Even if Job was innocent... Children are innocent you say but scripture says even if children are innocent they would still need God's mercy for salvation.

Job isn't saying he is innocent in these verses but 'even if' he was. Do you understand this? Try again.

Calvinists can believe their children are saved, and they should, because scripture is explicit on the point.

PS 103:17 But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--

john.

10. psalms109:31

Endure to the end

God say's we must endure to the end to be saved, our dependance for our salvation is God through Jesus.

There is no evidence that we are apart of the elect, but by showing our faith by what we do.

We should never lose our focus that we are children depending on God.

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Psalms.

This seems contradictory to me. Are you depending on God to keep you safe or are you responsible for that. If you are responsible for keeping your focus on God what assurance have you got, why do you not fear God because you still may face an adverse judgement. Are you sure of yourself and how do you know if you are still on the straight and narrow?

But you also say we are children depending on God. Either one depends on oneself or one is to depend on God but you are saying both.

john.

12. psalms109:31

Turn away

If we have turned away from Jesus we should be living in fear our only hope is Jesus.

See either way you slice it you are depending on yourself. You are depending that God choose you over someone else. You have really only chosen yourself and say God choose you.

If you were depending on God you would simple say that, because we are saved by grace through faith and our faith is shown by what you do.

If God say's I must endure to the end to be saved, I must believe Him over you.

I'm not talking about a Peter denying Jesus, but to walk away and never return.

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Not for my salvation Psalms.

Not so, I trust Jesus died for me. I'm not depending 'that God' I'm depending 'on God'. You on the other hand appear to be saying that it is you that you need to depend on. For you not to walk away. In which way do you depend on God?

No, I listened to Jesus and He said that if I believed in Him then He would give me everlasting life now. How can one walk away from everlasting life? How can one lose everlasting life, it would not have been everlasting would it?

John 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

has everlasting life. It is not a future thing but a present condition for all Christians.

Where have I said one does not need to endure? What I'm asking is are you enduring in your own strength or are you kept by Jesus. Christians have already overcome.

1 John 5:4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

This ignores the reality of the situation. God has entered His Temple with a promise never to leave again. Where can I walk away to to escape from Him who lives in me? Does the Good Shepherd lose sheep? Can sheep evict the Lord from His Temple and becomes goats again? How can we rid ourselves of a new nature?

john.

14. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

Brutus,

100% agree - THAT'S what the Bible says.

15. psalms109:31

Depend on God

Which one is it do you depend on God or do you depend on your belief.

To me trust God and in my unbelief I pray that God will help in my unbelieve.

You say you depend on God then you say you depend on your belief.

The truth of the matter is as God says it is those who endure to the end that is saved, because they are the one's who truely depend on God.

16. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Psalms.

I believe Jesus died for my sins and I keep my gaze on Him. I do not depend on my faith but my faith allows me to depend on Jesus. Let the weary rest is another thing I believe.

Then you can be sure He will increase your faith because that is what He wants to do. Ask and it will be given. Ask for wisdom and knowledge and love, there is no law against these things.

You do not need to have faith in your belief, I take my salvation for granted and never give it a thought because I keep my mind on Jesus not on myself. I believe He loves me and gave Himself for me, I don't question this love, it is Absolute.

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No harm can befall me. Love protects me. Nothing I've ever done or will do will be held against me because love keeps no record of wrongs. Jesus loved me and died for me when I was God's enemy but now He calls me son, there is nothing He will not do to keep His pearl of great price safe. I cost Him all He had.

Yes, but one can know now that one's eternal security is assured or you are not trusting Jesus you are trusting in your own works?

john.

17. psalms109:31

Assurance

Our assurance is by remaining in Jesus Christ, outside of Jesus leads to distruction.

I have ensurance of my salvation with out disreguarding God word to remain in Him , endure to the end to be saved. Continue in Gods kindness or we also will be cut out and if we disown Him, He will disown us.We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Brutus;
    I don't say Babies are with out sin but sin isn't accounted to them until they reach the age of accountablity.
    I'm wondering how so many Calvinist agree with the OP. You see Calvinist believe in Particular election and it is there claim on the mercies of God. Many Calvinist on this board believe that they will be saved no matter what life brings to them, if they are first chosen to be saved. If this isn't a claim on God's mercy I'd like to know what is.
    MB

19. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Psalms.

If you have assurance that you will remain in Jesus then you have trust in yourself not Jesus unless you believe you are kept, if you do not believe you are kept Psalms you have assurance of yourself. Does Jesus really lose sheep?

2TI 2:12 if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
    John 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

Can you see the contradiction in this? Can you explain your understanding of John 6:47 please, what's it saying?

At the same time if you look at 2 Tim 2:11 ...If we died with him, we will also live with him;
    Seems to promise the same as John 6:47. Have you died with Him? Then you will live with Him. It's a promise I believe.

john.

20. Brutus

Brutus Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    can we agree

Skypair: First, and foremost, I am not name calling! I simply stated a fact based on your position which aligns itself with Palagianism. Which is: the belief that all humans are born morally innocent. You sir cannot prove that to be a fact from the Bible. I'm going to say this one last time, so please let it sink in! I never, never, never said in any post that I believed that infants would go to hell, that is something that you manufactured in your own mind. What I did say was: If, do you understand that small word? If, God so chose to condemn infants to hell, who are we to say that He is unjust! That is all I said, you're the one who read more into it than was nescessary. Now since you have run your mouth about Calvinists, let tell you what Calvin himself had to say as an example concerning Mt. 19:14.
    Calvin wrote that "Jesus bears witness that He wishes to receive children, and in the end He both embraces them in His arms and blesses them by laying His hands upon them. From this we gather that His grace reaches to this age of life also....It would be too cruel to exclude that age from the grace of redemption....They (children) are renewed by God's Spirit according to the measure of their age until by degrees and its own time this power hidden within them increases and shines forth openly....It is an irreligious audacity to drive from Christ's fold those whom He nursed in His bosom, and to shut the door on them as strangers when He did not wish to forbid them." Now, I truely believe that the souls of all departed infants whatever, whether baptized or unbaptized, are with God in glory! I believe that in the decree of predestination to life, God has included all whom He has decreed to take away in infancy!

Brutus :godisgood: