1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we discuss Kenosis?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Goinheix, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

I can not found a single divine atribute in Jesus...but you all do. Please share at least one.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

He was sinless.

3. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

I am reporting your post.

My spirit is not offebsive but enlightning.
    I am not attacking Jesus but revealing the actual Jesus on the Bible.
    If my teaching is wrong...prove it.
    If it is unorthodox...prove it.
    If it is unbioblical...prove it.
    I am not questioning the deity of Jesus
    I am not a false teacher since you can not prove my supposed false teaching
    I am not heretic.

(What is IMO?)

4. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

Yoiur post have been reported. You flasely acuse me from deny the scriptures.

I stated and continue to state is that the account of the Gosples is correct, right and true. The Bible desctbes how Jesus walked over (hyper in greek) the sea; that is around the coast by the high grounds. The Bible is correct.

Even in the case of Jesus walking above the water, that dont make him more almigthy than Eliseo who made afloat an axe.

5. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

Did you ever read that Jesus was with no atractive. It is very offensive and inconvenient for you to preach of a Jesus equal to all of as (except he is God). It is more atractive preach of a wlaking god; but that is not the Jesus of the Bible.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't get it. On one hand you say Jesus is God...but He does not possess a single divine attribute. How can this be?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

BTW...you are supposed to report posts that are breaking forum rules, not posts that disagree with you or call out false teaching (Jesus did not walk on water).

8. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

Knowing the thots is not a prove of omniscience. Actually is not prove of any special or extraordinary knowledge capacity. All we can know other thots. Knowing other thots is a sign of i nteligency. So far that caspacity was found only in monkeys.

But for a moment let accept that those verses are saying that Jesus was able to read others minds. What is that proving? It proves that he knew thing that normaly we dont know. Is that omniscience? No. Omnicience will be knowing all...all at all. Jesus didnt knew of the dead of Lazarus, or were he was put. He didnt know what it was ofered to him to drink at the cross. He didnt know of the arrest and dead of Jhon. He didnt know the time of his return. Obviously, despoite he knowing many things, he did not know all thing. Not knowing all things is not being omnisciente.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

What about Matthew's account in ch. 14 where he invites Peter to walk on the water, as well? Was Jesus just walking around the coast on the high grounds then? How can you deny this?

10. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

That is under a fig tree. Jew acostum the read the Law seating under a fig tree. It hapens that Jesus saw - with his naked eyes as any normal human - him reading the Law under a fig tree. Nothing supernatural or extraordinary. Not only that; Jesus is showing the incapacity to search in Natghanael and base his conclusions on what he is seeing.

11. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

Thanks for accepting that the only way to silence the true is not by quioting the Bible but by banning me.

Any way, your posts are being reported. You can not make such a campaign.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir,
    Before responding to you, I took care to look at several different bible versions, and several different commentaries. They all stated that Jesus walked upon the water. Your view that He walked around the water is not stated in scripture, and is not echoed in any of the commentaries that I consulted.

Some versions state that He walked on the water; some versions state that He walked upon the water. You are the only one I've ever seen that espouses that He walked around the water.

The miracle here is that while He was walking upon the sea, Peter asked to walk out with Him; but when he focused on the troubled waters, he began to sink into the water. This further solidifies the fact that you are, sir, blatantly wrong with your understanding of this passage and this miracle.

Thus, you are denying scripture. I have not falsely accused you of anything. I have merely stated a fact, that you yourself have borne out with your own words.

Next, you keep stating that Paul said that Jesus was emptied of His divine attributes; yet, I haven't seen the scripture reference that supports your claim. I'm sorry that I can't just accept your word that Paul said that; I must search out scripture to support your claim. Will you please provide the verse or verses that state that Jesus emptied Himself of all divine attributes?

#52 Don, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
  13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you not read my post about reporting posts? You clearly deny biblical teaching that Christ was and is divine. You are the head of your own campaign in being banned as this is clearly NOT the beliefs of a true Christ follower. Repent.

14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ????

.....and this caused Nathanael to exclaim, "Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art King of Israel"?

I think not.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just wanted to point out the rare occasion where cal and non cal come together in complete accord :)

16. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Jesus Christ was fully God(possessed ALL of the divine attributes) and fully man. It could also be said that Jesus had 2 natures. A divine nature(which he had) and then he "took on flesh" meaning that he took on a human nature. So Jesus is not 50% man and 50% God, but 100% man and 100% God because Jesus had 100% divine characteristics(nature) and 100% human characteristics (nature).

Philippians 2:6-7
    "Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!"

Jesus(the "Who") was "in very nature God"
    Jesus took on the "nature of a servant, being made in human likeness."
    So Jesus has the nature God and the nature human. Jesus humbled himself to add(not change) on a human nature.

It's nice isn't it. Wish it would happen more often.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Originally Posted by Goinheix [​IMG]
    I can not found a single divine atribute in Jesus...but you all do. Please share at least one.

Goinheix I answered your question. What is your response?
    He was sinless.

18. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

http://tinyurl.com/njvqc2

Ok, a little grammar help. It should have read...

You only report posts that are against the rules, not post that you disagree with. Also, you are advocating that Jesus didn't have any divine attributes. I don't believe you want any attention from the administrators on your posts.

Jesus walked on the water. Peter also walked on the water. "Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” " How would Peter "sink" if it was on the high grounds.

It's called speaking out of both sides of the mouth. He doesn't want the label of heretic so he claims that Jesus is God, yet doesn't have a divine nature.

Exactly

#58 jbh28, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
  19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goinheix reported this post, it was said he was "talking against Jesus".

He is. This is false doctrine and must be reproved.

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Goinheix- IMHO you should be limited to posting in the unbeliever's forum since you obviously don't believe Jesus is God- calling yourself a 'Baptist' notwithstanding.

An honest seeker would have already understood that their question has been answered several times and moved on instead of continuing to stir the pot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.