1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we judge salvation?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by christianyouth, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

All you have to do is take a survey of fellow church members and hear the stories of why some left a particular church. Pastors do horrible things sometimes. Certainly not all pastors, and Bro. Bob didn't say that.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What about that Christian that does sin, as you say. If you saw them while they were sinning, would you still know they were saved, or would you have to wait until they quit sinning?? In other words, would you know they were saved at a particular time in their life, but when they were bearing corrupt fruit, would you think they were unsaved, but in your words they would be saved, or would you know when that Christian was sinning or not sinning, he was saved???

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thanks Amy...........:thumbs:

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You're welcome Bro. Bob.

I agree that we cannot tell where a person is in their walk with God.
    We can make an assessment, so to speak, but only God knows the heart and you know I believe He will discipline those who are not living as they should. He will make sure they come back to Him if they have strayed.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I made a poll in the poll forum. I think many of us do personally know of someone . . .

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Its hard to think of someone who at one time or another, has not heard of someone in that manner. Thanks mcdirector.

BBob,

7. standingfirminChrist

Brother Bob,

Your question was if I had known any pastors or laymen who had run off with another woman. It was not if I had heard of any.

But truthfully, I had not heard of any either until coming on this board.

I also can truthfully say I have not known any pastor's, laypeople, missionaries, or evangelists that have run off with someone else's spouse... or been accused of molestation, adultery, or pedophilia.

As to being sheltered. Sometimes I wish I were sheltered. I did nothave a sheltered life. If I had, I would not have ended up in prison as a teen in the 70's.

I am sheltered since my Salvation... sheltered in the arms of God.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Ok Sfic; I understand. I wish I didn't know of any. I wish there was not any who have done and do such things.

BBob,

9. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Just thought I would add an experience that happened in my own life that showed me the difference between those saved and lost :

For my birthday, a friend of mine wanted to have me over and take me to go see the movie, "Pirates of the Carribean 2". I had a battle within me, because I know how popular movies are now days. Full of sexual innuendos, indecent women and men, etc, basically things that God hates. So I caved in because I didn't want to be considered a Puritan. The whole time, entering into the movie theater even, I was under conviction. The movie started, and sure enough, sexual innuendos and voluptuous women. Literally had to close my eyes and hope that my friends wouldn't see me. We left the movie theater, they were talking about how great a movie it was, the kids parents were saying how great a movie it was, and in that moment, I realized they were lost.

Laugh at things God hates? Watch filth on TV in the name of Christian freedom? These are not the signs of a Christian. Of course, these people also didn't have a passion for the lost, a desire to hear God's Word preached and taught, a desire to be separate, and most of all, that which reveals the heart conditions of many : They had no hatred of sin.

Now, about that comment Dan. E, it's not an issue of someone not sharing my convictions. It's an issue of people laughing at things that nailed their supposed Savior to the cross. And then to talk about it amongst Christians? No. If any man loves the world, as SFIC has said on another thread, the love of the Father is not in him.

What do we expect when we preach a Gospel that has redefined repentance and doesn't mention temptation, tribulation, and persecution? Our Gospel basically dispenses get out of hell free cards. And it is destroying Christianity here in the States.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So anyone who liked Pirates 2 is lost?

Statements like yours are why it's best left to God to decide who's saved and who's not.

11. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Possibly, Full of sexual innuendos, indecent women and men, etc, basically things that God hates.

By their fruits they shall be known.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Thank you Jesus that You and You alone are judge!

I could probably find a few things out about you that I think are ungodly and then I could pronounce you UNSAVED.

#92 Amy.G, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  13. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Sound like you're judging me without cause and trying to justify sin.

Psalms 101 (KJV)
    1: I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
    2: I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
    3: I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
    4: A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
    5: Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
    6: Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
    7: He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
    8: I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.

Luke 6:46 (KJV)
    And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Matthew 7:20-21 (KJV)
    20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

It is you who have judged someone's salvation simply by a movie they have watched.

You also judged Christianyouth as guilty and possibly unsaved since he also watched the movie in spite of his feelings of conviction that it was wrong.

15. standingfirminChrist

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

The Word of God has already judged the one who loves the things of the world.

Is pleasure in unrighteousness of the Father? or is it worldly?

christianyouth said he did not enjoy that movie, did he? he said he felt conviction and closed his eyes to it.

#95 standingfirminChrist, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  16. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Here lies the quandry of having this conversation at all . . .

Of course we have to judge. God made us with reasoning minds. It's when we write out a laundry list of things to do and not to do that we turn into pharisees.

Suppose that very family that you were so concerned with went home and became convicted about the things they saw later? How long will you give conviction? Tonight? Tomorrow? Next week? Spiritual maturity plays a part in that.

Suppose one was already under conviction and didn't know how to start telling his partents because of the cirucumstances?

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well said. :thumbs:

18. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Where did I judge him? He said he was closing his eyes during the movie.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You made a judgement against anyone who watches certain movies that you think are wrong.

20. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

We don't have to make up laws or lists. They are already in the Bible.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (KJV)
    9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10: Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John 2:15 (KJV)
    Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.