1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we trust the voting machines

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Petra-O IX, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can we prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that those who count paper ballots are error proof?

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

The hand counting going on now in NH shows that the hand counts and machine counts do not always add up, but they haven't been any earth moving numbers that would swing an election.

It is troubling that in this moderm day and age we can't get a simple voting system fixed without errors, but I suppose it's not bay enough for people to worry about which is why it isn't fixed yet.

Jamie

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I honestly don't think it can be done. When I vote, I want my vote to count for something and I would be a whole lot more confident if we were to use other options even if it meant counting them by hand.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do we know that machine errors are more excessive than hand counting? I do not really know but I do know the issue has been one used as a political tool. Especially down my way in Sarasota Fl

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you given a choice in what form your voting will be?

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Last election we were offered the choice of touch screen or punch out paper ballots.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We only have touch screens here in Union County as far as I know.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

1-20-08: Holes hidden in plain sight

The "seals" are not seals. The "chain of custody" is not a chain of custody. Ballots being transported by the "state police" are actually transported by Butch and Hoppy, who are not employed by the state police. Butch and Hoppy's real names are not really Butch and Hoppy.

In New Hampshire, it's all hidden in plain sight.

If you are on the home page of Black Box Voting, click "more" to see a brief photo essay for how this all works. More

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/

10. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I haven't heard about any change in my area. The last few elections were all "hanging chad"-style punch cards. It does seem like electronic systems would be easier to tamper with or simply malfunction, but since our votes don't elect the president anyway, I try not to get too concerned.

11. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Harry Truman is rolling over in his grave!:eek: And Chessic I am not to sure that your vote would not count for something anyway as tight as the last two Presidential elections were.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

Doesn't matter because voting is futile, like letting condemned prisoner chose between hanging and firing squad. We serfs are permitted to vote for our tax collectors. Big Deal.