1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you help me find this post?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by mhoward1999, Feb 10, 2005.

1. mhoward1999

mhoward1999 Member

Hi everyone. I have done a search and I can't find what I am looking for. I am almost sure it was here that I read it. It was a quote from someone in the 1700's, I believe, condemning "modern" music. They were condemning the very artists' pieces that we consider to be sacred classics. Do ya'll remember this post? Can you direct me to it? I'd sure appreciate it!
    -M.

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you can remember parts of the quote, try and Google it and see how you do.

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    M, you might try running the search in the Baptist Board "Archives", instead of here in "Music Ministry". It may have been moved there, if it is a very old thread.

4. mhoward1999

mhoward1999 Member

Thanks. I have only been a member since January, so I doubt it would be archived.

Oooh! I wish I could remember specific words. I just remember the gist of it was that "modern music" was horible and irreverent and maybe even sinful. It sounded like it was written by a critic of today's CCM, and then at the end you found out it was written in the 1700's.