1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you help me?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8086910

I want to get this for my daughter for her birthday, but the only place I'm finding it is Wal-Mart, but they don't sell it online and the store out here doesn't carry it.

Have any of you seen these in the stores where you are? If so, can you tell me what store, in what city and state, so I can call and see their price and shipping options?

I know it's available online, but they want 150 - $300 for it plus shipping, and I know it originally sold for between $80 and $100, so I'm not sure why it's so much to order it online. Weird.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

A Leap Frog "talkin'" globe, huh??

I never had one of those when I was in elementary school-----my momma had put me up a big, giant world map on the kitchen wall----she had a yardstick and would point to the country in question and I would do all of the answerin':type: :type:

But I did click your link and you can have it delivered for 69.99 plus shipping-----'course I have not the "Froggy-ish" idea what its gonna cost to ship to Alaska----could cost ya "an arm & leg"

Are you visiting the "Lower 48" anytime soon??

What about Helen from over in Oregon?? Is she and her hubby drivin' up to see you anytime soon?? Maybe they can pick one up on their way??

A Leap Frog "talkin'" global map, huh???

3. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just checked E-bay. Do a search for "leap frog talking globe". numerous results came up. I saw one that was listed as "Buy it Now" for $98.00 or "Best Offer". Shipping is free.

I would have included a link to it, but I don't know how to insert links.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I got it! I'd done searching with google but came up short of anything decent, then a kindly poster sent me a link to one on a place I'd already looked, but had only found them much higher. My new detective friend...hehe!
    This is awesome...she's wanted this since they came out and was so sweet about it, didn't go around begging me for it or anything so I'm gonna be so happy to get it for her and she's gonna love it! YAY!

And Blackbird, no on the visit, major falling out, don't think that relationship will ever be healed. That's unfortunate among Christians, but oh well. It'll be nice when we're all before Christ and we're all healed body, soul, and mind.

Plus it's a REALLY long drive here from Oregon! LOL! Gotta go through Canada and then drive halfway through Alaska to get here, we're at the end of "the road." Unless you go to Washington and take a boat, then you'd still have to drive a long way. When we came we flew to Anchorage and then drove, but for another zillion dollars you can fly to Fairport and then be almost here! What was funny when we came was that they said planes were landing in Fairport instead of Anchorage because of the weather, and I was thinking "GREAT! That's where I WANTED to fly too, now I get to go without paying the zillion extra" but then the pilot got brave and tried it anyway. The airport wasn't even expecting him to try so they weren't ready for us. Scared the tar out of me, they had to have a security person come stay with me while he flew and tried to land. I do NOT do well with airplanes to start with. Everyone clapped and cheered when we landed. I thanked him profusely on my way out, but wanted to stomp on his toe for taking that chance, but was too happy to be alive. :laugh:

5. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I already got it, but thank you Barnabas!

What I want to know is HOW you guys are doing it. I put it in Google and all the returns I got were insane prices. I even went to the LeapFrog website and didn't find it there so I figured perhaps they no longer made it and that's why it was so much.

The poster who im'd me gave me a link and so I ordered it the other day. It was only $79.99 AND had free shipping. It must have been awesome timing because I just went back and it's now $99.99, so I caught a sale. Whoo-hoo!

But I'd really like to know what search engine was used, or why one person's google stuff would turn out different things than mine. I find that disturbing, especially since I'm doing more ordering online than before.

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I simply used Google.... :type:

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I've gotta comment on this.
    The child loved the globe, but I was kinda worried because it came in a box that was too big for it with NO packing, just a piece of stuff that looked like meat wrap on top of it.
    Sure enough, it started having problems, then we found a crack in the pen, which then broke off when we were looking at it.

To their credit, they (Amazon) are sending out another one immediately, said it would be properly packed this time, and are paying for return shipment for the damaged one.

But still...they should have known better! I wouldn't have driven it home in my CAR that unsecured, let alone shipped it across the country.