1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you pass my 6th grade test on 1 Samuel?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scarlett O., Feb 5, 2010.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes....I know that you can, don't despair. The title was just a tease.

I do have a question about my bonus question. My 6th graders just finished reading verse by verse through 1 Samuel. Their test (that I make myself) is Monday.

My bonus question is this:

"Did King Saul make it to heaven or not?" (They already know and understand that no one went to heaven and saw the face of God until after Jesus was resurrected. They understand about Abraham's Bosum.)

I'm not interested if they say yes or no. I AM interested in their Biblical basis for their argument. I know that adults have debated this for years.

I REALLY would like your opinions on this matter, using scripture please, and addressing the matter in language that a 6th grader would comprehend. After they take the test, I want to share with them what some of you all have to say on the matter so that they can get a adult's eye view of the subject from people who are more learned than they.

These children are soaking up my Bible class like little sponges and they ask me questions that would stump a seminary professor.

I just would like them to hear more adult comments about Saul than my own.

They can handle it.

#1 Scarlett O., Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I have an opinion and not much more than that...

I believe that, like Pharoah, God raised up Saul for His purposes. I think there might be a parallel there. Saul and Pharoah both rebelled against the clear statements of God's prophets.

I don't think anyone can state for sure on this side because God's grace is so far beyond our comprehension, but I vote for not.