1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you SEE wether a christians is anointed?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 26, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I just listened to a charismatic pastor who says he can see wether somebody is anointed or not. He said sometimes he watches pastors on TV and turns of the volume and then simply watches them and he says that some don't have the anointing and they just babble like those which want to sell you something on TV.
    But he said that Benny Hinn for example has the anointing. He could see it in his face and eyes that the hand of God is upon him.
    And he said if you cannot see wether a person is anointed then you have a problem. How am I supposed to see it? I rather listen to them and hear it. But he said there are christians which have a huge knowledge and can impress with this knowledge but they have no anointing. :confused:

I don't know but somehow this stuff sounds like "I am anointed, I can see wether somebody is anointed. Benny Hinn is anointed because I can see it and if you don't see it then this is your problem because I see it and this means it's true."

Isn't this some kind of argument which will intimidate christians? The christians which listen to this pastor will most likely be totally impressed because he says he can SEE wether a person is anointed. Most likely they cannot do this and then they think if this guy says that Benny Hinn is anointed then it has to be true.
    Isn't this a way to make others respect you when you come along with something which others don't have? For example when I'm pastor of a church and I say that I hear God 24/7 then everybody will be impressed and most of the people will treat me with huge respect as if I was some sort of prophet, but what if what I hear isn't God? Or what if I don't hear God at all?
    I think the problem is that when a pastor says he hears God then doesn't this automatically suggest the listener that everything he says and does is correct because if he made a mistake God would directly let him know? I think that if you tell christians such things they will become so impressed that they automatically think that you're not doing any mistakes and that everything you say is correct and this is dangerous.

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

well I would hope that most Christians would not get sucked in by this sort of thing. Especially in the case you referenced, I would no longer listen to any preacher who said that he saw some kind of anointing on Benny Hinn. Just that statement alone says to me that he is either making this up to make himself look good, or he is seeing something that is not of God. Benny Hinn is a proven false prophet.

Just in general though, no I do not think that anyone can see any kind of anointing in anyone else....at least in the sense of some visible aura or halo around the person.

I should hope that truly saved Christians would be able to see through this sort of gimmick.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Good question. I think it all depends on your definition of "anointed". It is my understanding that the true sense of the term means "set apart", but many charismatic groups throw the term around to mean that the Spirit is more on/in a person than someone else.

I feel I have the gift of discernment, but I am still learning how to use it and when to trust it. Yall may think I am nuts, but often I can tell if/when a person may be experiencing a call from God for something. I think that might fit my definition of "anointed" but not some other definitions.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

The pastor said that when Jesus read from Isaiah in the synagogue the people also stared at Jesus because they saw the anointing. Is this in the bible? I asked myself where is this in the bible that they all looked at him?

He also said that once there was somebody in his church who was not a christian but who was into new age and this person looked at a sick person which was just being prayed for and she told him that this person will not be healed because she has an aura of bitterness around her and he said that this was true. He knew the woman and she was bitter and the new age person could see this aura even though she was not christian. :confused:

But what I don't understand is this. This pastor is used by God. I don't doubt this. But at the same time he does and says things which are wrong or weird. Why does God still use him? Does God not care about this?

5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

OK, I believe it's possible to have The Gift of Discerning of Spirit; Word of Knowledge; Word of Wisdom...

But, does this guy have any of these gifts...

Now here I see a problem...

He can see an Anointing alright. But, can he distinguish whose Anointing it is? :D

I, personally, have a problem with Benny Hinn's Lifestyle and Hype... He may have been anointed at one time...

But, in my view he has gone way past acceptable and grieved the Holy Spirit.

This is typical More Spiritual than thou Sipritual-One-Up-Man-Ship!

First, of all everyone has the ability to Test the spirits to see if they are of God or not.

Even Paul was not immune from the scrutiny of the Berean believers.

And, he actually praised them for it!

When was the last time you heard a televangelist Praise peopel for Studying to show themselves approved unto God?

How? Simple?

Be a Berean and Study to show yourself approved unto God...

Use Phillipians 4:8-9 as a template to put on the Mind of Christ...

Then with that Mind in You Walk in the Spirit...

And, stop being hypnotized by the showy hype of independent entertainers who are subject to no real denominational oversight...

SMM

6. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

A true annointed person, Has the love of God written in all his ways and actions. That type of person is a person I hope to be, A crowd goes a different way while the one who is annointed stands on the Word of God, in all his ways. You may not recognize him till you speak to him but you will know him through the ways in which he acts and speaks. I was always led to believe that one should not say anything bad against one of Gods servants. So to that end I believe that actions of Gods servants speak louder than words.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

They were looking at him because he was claiming to be fulfilling the Isaiah passage. It's in Luke 4:

The New Ager didn't know if the person would be healed or not. Here's how the New Age knew about the bitterness: Having been a New Ager and into psychic stuff as well as having been an astrologer, I can tell you that if the New Ager knew the person was bitter, it was probably because a demon told her, although the New Ager probably just thought she "knew" it. I'm amazed that Christians get impressed by psychics and people like that. When the information is accurate, these psychics are getting info from demons (or else it's coincidence or a guess). The New Ager did not see an aura but probably thought she did.

Here's my article on pscyhics (written from firsthand experience)
    http://cana.userworld.com/cana_psychics.html

God uses lots of people but that does not mean anyone should listen to this guy. If he thinks Benny Hinn is anointed and says these other weird things, you should not be listening to him.

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes, this is also what I thought. With such stuff you basically only impress the others and the others think: Wow, this person is totally spiritual and everything he/she says is right because he knows so much...
    And then they are not critical anymore.

How? :confused:

Well, he seems like a nice guy but this doesn't mean that he's always right. Benny Hinn also seems like a nice guy when you see him sing his songs but does this prove he's anointed?

Thanks for the infos Marcia.
    He also said that after this he asked the new age person what kind of aura he has and she told him that his aura is good. He seemed to think that this was funny. He said he just wanted to know what his aura was like. :confused:

He also talked about churches where every member has a bible school degree and that this doesn't mean anything because there are people which know a lot but have no anointing and they simply babble. This can be true but it sounds like: Knowledge isn't important. The anointing is important...
    And with this argument you can justify not being a pastor who knows a lot because this pastor doesn't really teach on the bible. He doesn't mention bible verses very often.He also said that he preaches about things which nobody else preaches about and that he likes it. Sometimes he also teaches things which are good and where he seems to have insights but sometimes it's also a bit weird.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

By doing this, he was giving credibility to the New Ager and to the supposed ability to see auras. It was not a Christian thing to do, imo.

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

He said that new agers often know more about spiritual things than christians, they simply had different words for it such as aura which christians do not use.

11. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

How? :confused:
    </font>[/QUOTE]Study to show yourself approved unto God... 2 Timothy 2:15

The Bereans were more noble than those at Thessolonica... Acts 17:10-11

Draw nigh to God He will draw nigh to you... James 4:8

He will whisper in your ear (inner most spirit) this is the way walk ye in it... Isaiah 30:21

Test the Spirits using your knowledge of the above Mature Christian Attributes.. 1 John 4;1

SMM

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, this shows a frightening lack of discernment. New Agers think they know about spiritual things -- but the spiritual things they "know" about are deceptions from Satan! Good grief -this guy should not be a pastor if this is how he thinks.