1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you tell me anything about Hillsong?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by annsni, May 3, 2007.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know we do a lot of their songs in our church with the other worship team and in looking online about them, I'm seeing some possible things that might not be quite right with the ministry (possibly be part of the prosperity gospel thing), but I haven't looked into it more yet (I will tonight hopefully). Can you tell me anything that you guys might know about them? Thanks!

2. Pete

Pete New Member

Hills official site.

My 2¢ worth: Yep, Hillz are saturated in prosperity teaching. Charismatic, couple of times I was silly enough to go years ago they had a bit of "Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang", weren't down to standard of some others on those occasions though.

Their songs range across the whole spectrum of good, bad & ugly. Best of their writers was Geoff Bullock on a good day (Holy One Of God, This Kingdom, etc).

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I know that they're closely associated with the "Third Wave Movement", which is heretical and that their songs are extremely shallow and Biblically lacking.

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I like their music. I really like their songs One Way and SuperHero.

Jamie