1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you want to be saved and still not be saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

:type:
    These two scriptures answers your long and whole post.
    David saw it a lot different than you and you do quote him a lot. When convenient.

Psa 38:18For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

David, you quote him a lot, don't you.

How many babies you saw lieing from the womb, or go astray as an infant. You fail to understand this scripture, they have to come from the womb, before they are able to start learning words, they have to come to an age to know what a lie is, to lie, they have to come from the mother's womb, to an age to know God and glorify Him not as God, to transgress against God and sin. I think it is pur "hogwash" to say a baby starts lying as soon as it come out of the womb. I would like to think, we had more sense than that.

You got scripture for this, or is it Ed Sutton's doctrine??

Also, you say this is the saved?? who have no faith, neither come to God nor believe that God is?

Hbr 11:6But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

#21 Brother Bob, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  2. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

2 Cor 7:8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent; for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season. 9. Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance; for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. 10. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of; but the sorrow of the world worketh death.11. For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They say that is not salvation Brother Danny, because it written to the church of Corith, even though it say "to salvation". They do not seem to realize that this was still a time of "tansition" from the law to the Grace Covenant and there were many unsaved among them, trying to find out what was going on, for one thing. It is obvious there were unsaved, when a man commits adultery with his father's wife.

BBob,

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Heb 12 "Esau could not find room for repentance though he sought for it with tears".

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think Esau represents that the flesh must have a change from a fleshly body to a spiritual body, before God will receive him. I do not think the flesh in its natural state can go to heaven, as Esau was not accepted either.

BBob,

6. AAA

AAA New Member

I did NOT watch the video becuase this computer does not have any speakers...

Jesus told the teachers of the LAW "how will you escape being condemned to hell", even though they wanted to be saved, they were lost.

People in MAtt. 7 wanted to be saved, but were NOT...