1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Canadian Baptist Christians

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by rlvaughn, Feb 20, 2006.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    During my roaming around the world wide web, I found the following article:

Canadian Baptist Christians

"From the seventeenth until the early twentieth century, different Baptist denominations moved toward the formation of a single Baptist denomination organized for mission purposes. In the twentieth century, the consensus that produced the unity has experienced stress and once more a multitude of Baptist denominations are being produced."

This appears to be a very good article for sorting out the Baptist denomination in Canada (though I must profess lacking of knowledge to clearly assess this).

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have had the following books recommended as good for researching Baptists in Canada:

Griffin-Allwood, Philip G. A., George A. Rawlyk and Jarold K. Zeman. Baptists in Canada 1760-1990: A Bibliography of Selected Printed Resources in English. Hantsport, NS: Lancelot Press, 1989.

Priestley, David. editor, Memory and Hope: Strands of Canadian Baptist History Waterloo, ON: Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 1996.

Rawlyk, George A. Champions Of The Truth, Fundamentalism, Modernism, and the Maritime Baptist. Kingston, ON: McGill-Queen's University Press, 1990.

3. Eleazar the Ahohite

Eleazar the Ahohite New Member

I hold the Canadian citizenship and am a Baptist. I used to attend Bethel Baptist Church in Montreal. My family has now moved to Baptist Bible Church, Laval. I haven't resided in Canada for years.
    Bible Baptist is as fundamental as they come, and KJV only. I know some bible-believers who were pleasantly surprised to learn there were fundamentalists in Quebec. Yep! Amen.