1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Canadian Smears Palin and Alaska

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 19, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heather Mallick, a columnist for Canadian Broadcasts' Public Radio is trying to start a war of words with America. She has the audacity to say that if you vote for Palin, you are nothing more than "white trailer trash". Furthermore, she said that Palin resembled an American prostitute with her cheap clothes, puffy lips, and teased hair that looks more puffed up and fake. She also said that Alaska is full of "drunks and 'crazy' people."

Apparently Mallick is merely saying what a majority of Canadians are feeling but to afraid to speak out about, according to a fellow colleague from the Ottawa newspaper.

This is despicable reporting, and President Bush should demand that Mallick apologize to Sarah Palin.

This is most shameful kind of international reporting I've ever heard, and apology is the least she could do.

Maranatha, Lord Jesus, Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush doesn't need to do anything.

She should be totally ignored.

There are many Canadians that hate anything American. Most of them live in the French dominated provinces.

Let them stew in their own hate. they're not worth wasting your time with.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Most Canadians I've ever met are good folks. Why bring up an example of one who smears one of our candidates? It's meaningless.

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

Best thing to do with this is nothing, just ignore her. If she was an American then she would get a vote and a voice. Why should we in the United States care what some Canadian thinks?

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

<scratches head> I'm trying to see the problem... :BangHead:

Great idea here, I think Bush should defend Ms Palin. Maybe we can get a picture of them hugging to send to the Obama campaign.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

RD2, the worst thing we can give a bad, cowardly journalist is publicity.

What a despicable and unChristian attitude. You should apologize.

LeBuick, I've enjoyed so many of your posts, and you've always been fun to talk with on the BB...what's with the sudden lack of class? This is beneath you.

Not to mention...if Palin is a Christian, then you've just slandered a sister in the Lord. Furthermore, do you find it becoming to insult residents of a state in our great country?

Like I said...this junk is beneath you.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now I believe I've made my point and will agree to stop if we all can.

Obama professes to be a Christian also, why is it ok to slander our Brother in Christ if our professed Sister in Christ is off limits?

Again, is their a double standard?

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He is not a brother in Christ.His statements prove it. Hers do not. By the way I am concerned about Bush's statements as well.

9. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

It is Palin Derangement Syndrome.

Sally Quinn in a Washington Post blog, Susan Reimer in the Baltimore Sun, Ruth Marcus of the Washington Post, have all announced that they are "insulted" by Palin's selection.

Michelle Cottle of the New Republic, calls it "A slap in the face".

The computer hacker son of a Tennessee Democrat breaks into Palin's email account searching for dirt.

A Canadian journalists calls her White Trash.

On September 2 the New York Times printed six stories on Palin's daughter's pregnancy.

Vanity Fair and New York magazine ran stories questioning whether Sarah was really Trig’s mother.

Charles Rangel calls her disabled.

Sandra Bernhard makes ‘jokes’ about Sarah Palin being gang-raped.

And this is after only after 3 weeks.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

As I look around the web today it seems the only ones discussing Palin are the conservatives. Perhaps that is Palin idol worshiping but we know how important it is for the McCain campaign to keep the focus on her. I think we can all agree She is the reason the polls are so close.

However, time has brought life back to the forefront which also brings change of focus. We are now focusing on the economy, bombing in Palistine and how we can disengage from Iraq so we can put more troops in the war for Terror.

Palin Derangement Syndrome I think is a two sided disease, for those in the Obama camp she is definitely a force to reckon with but we feel it's best to leav3e her demise to Alaska and the many folks she walked on getting to where she is. To those who support her she is the substance of all their hope and they know if she is overshadowed in the real life issues the "Paln Effect" will loose it's sting.

11. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I believe you can thank the NY Times and other responsible journals who dragged Palin's 17-year-old daughter through the mud, and called Sarah white trash for the Palin effect.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The only ones trying to handle her in Alaska is the many PDS Democrats who have stormed Alaska for a witch hunt.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Actually, that board is from both sides of the isle. The leader of the investigation so happens to be a Democrat. However, the head of the State Senate and the person who could stop this investigation until they reconvene in January is a Republican and she doesn't seem to be coming forward in Palin's defense.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Here you go Rev, I think you'll find 10 of the 14 members to include the Vice Chair are Republicans...

Here

And, you will find the 5 who filed the law suite to stop the board are all up for reelections with the leader of that group representing Wasilla.

Oh, let me add, Senator Lyda Green is President of the Senate and could stop this investigation if she wanted.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He said he believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, is that the statement you mean? His confession of faith? Or just his universalistic views which in no ways makes him loose his salvation if he indeeds believes Jesus is his Lord and Savior.

As for Palin, seems we were just saying she was too Pentecostal last week. Some said she spoke in tongues etc... So really we have to go by her confession also.

16. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

:laugh: And wouldn't you have a field day with that if she did stop the investigation.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Actually, I'm surprised it's gone this long. I don't see it making it much further now that it's in the hands of the Alaskan judicial branch. It will be tied up in so much litigation and appeals that Nov 4 will be long gone before there is a decision.

Here is my view on this, if this investigation completed in her favor, she would emerge the champion of reform and the "pit bull in lipstick" she was characterized to be when she came into the race. This would go a long way toward her image of reform. Even if this board found her guilty, and they continue to believe this board doesn't have power to do so, with all the high powered lawyers she has collectively, this could easily be taken to the US Supreme court if necessary. What she could gain if she can beat this case.

However, her high powered lawyers are using the, "they're out to get me" defense. They are doing everything they can to delay the decision which is not what a lawyer does if he has the winning hand. If they believed they had any chance, they'd be pushing to get this in the open and would be releasing facts in her favor left and right. If they believed those testimonies would go to her favor, they would demand they be broadcast live to the American people.

I believe McCain will use Palin to get elected to office then through her to the wolves and put one of his buddies in as VP. He owes Lieberman big time so perhaps he will get the nod. I think he began this process on the View when he jokingly said, "We politicians are never given to exaggerations or hyperbole, as you know," when asked about his, "she might just be the most marvelous running mate ever," claim. Eventually, whatever they are trying to delay will come to light and if the light was in her favor, they'd want it to shine as opposed to hiding it under a bushel.

I think this writer said it well...

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

True, but Jesus said in the last days HE would separate the sheep from the goats. I suspect that was so we don't go on these types of witch hunts...

Mt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
    32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
    1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
    1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
    1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.