1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidate Time on The Sean Hannity Radio and TV Shows

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Producing the Sean Hannity Radio Show is an amazing privilege and has been a terrific opportunity to create and deliver content for our listening audience about our political process. Unfortunately, this election cycle has been doused with rabid supporters who are unable to respect their fellow citizens’ perspectives.

There is a movement in the media to elect our candidate for us, and they are making sure to throw oil on the fire when they see two sides of the same party fighting.

Please know that it is my job, and my team’s, to reach out, respond, and coordinate interviews with the presidential campaigns and their communications directors, managers, and representatives. We also make sure to offer time to other candidates, if one campaign reaches out, so that everyone has the opportunity to be heard.

When the candidates announced their runs for the office of the President we reached out to the candidates to have them on to announce their run, and followed up weekly, if not daily, to have them on the show.

To put this plainly, there is no conspiracy here to give one candidate more time over another. The candidates have an open invitation to come on the show, and it is their choice to take that offer or ignore it. Here is the breakdown of candidate times on the radio show since they announced through March of this year (limited to the last top 4 candidates):

Texas Senator Ted Cruz: 188:39
    Florida Senator Marco Rubio: 141:00
    Businessman and Entrepreneur Donald Trump: 112:28
    Governor of Ohio John Kasich: 87:52

Time on 'Hannity' TV Show since each candidate announced:

Texas Senator Ted Cruz: 34 appearances
    Businessman and Entrepreneur Donald Trump: 32 appearances
    Governor John Kasich of Ohio: 20 appearances
    Kentucky Senator Rand Paul: 20 appearances
    Florida Senator Marco Rubio: 19 appearances
    Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie: 17 appearances
    Businesswoman Carly Fiorina: 15 appearances
    Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush: 14 appearances
    Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee: 14 appearances
    Dr. Ben Carson: 13 appearances
    Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker: 6 appearances
    Former Governor of Texas Rick Perry: 4 appearances
    Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal: 3 appearances
    Former Senator from Pennsylvania Rick Santorum: 3 appearances
    Senator Lindsey Graham: 1 appearance
    Former Governor of New York George Pataki: 0 appearances

If you want to hear more of your candidate on the show, contact their office, email their communications teams and make your requests known on social media. I’ll continue to do my part and reach out and try to book all three of the remaining candidates, so that you can have as much information as possible before you go to the polls.

http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/candidate-time-on-the-sean-hannity-14601203/

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nothing but an Al Sharpton-esque race pimp who is padding his bank account by riling folks up.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I read here (BB) that some were of the opinion that Hannity was predominately giving Trump air time over the others in his bias. The above seems to counter that argument...

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would "seem" to, indeed.

Time on 'Hannity' TV Show since each candidate announced:
    Texas Senator Ted Cruz: 34 appearances
    Businessman and Entrepreneur Donald Trump: 32 appearances

Ted Cruz announced his candidacy on March 23, 2015, the first major candidate to do so.
    Donald Trump announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015, almost 3 months later. Yet Cruz has only been on the show two more times than Trump in those 83 days or so.

The most interesting thing to see would be number of appearances since, say, January 15th, or the two weeks run-up just prior to the first caucuses in Iowa. I'd say that Trump dominates that number.

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll admit that I noted a bit of a shift in Hannity toward giving Trump more of a voice lately also, enough that I wouldn't have expected the stats above. Good answer by the way. Although, I suspect Hannity's timing has more to do with his opposition to the GOP Establishment and the importance of how to best stop Hillary than his personal preference toward Trump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read that Trump had been on Hannity 41 times. Do you notice or is it just me that Trump does not seem like a very jovial or happy person?

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above stats, dated 4/13, gives the amount of times Trump has been on Hannity, so I fail to see where your claim of reading such has any significance toward establishing otherwise.

I also have no idea how this is supposed to relate to the discussion of equal and fair time. [​IMG]

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe name calling and accusations could change the stats given on the issue of equal and fair time. Great argument! [​IMG]

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, Hannity is the same type person as is Al Sharpton. He's gonna do whatever puts money in his pocket. The brass at Fox said to support Trump and by golly, his feelings towards Trump suddenly changed.

Hannity IS part of the GOP establishment. As is his boss Roger Ailes.

They've just suddenly decided that it's more popular and ratings profitable to be pro-Trump. As have Hannity's cohorts. They are the same group, now pretending to be anti-establishment, who worked with Marco Rubio for immigration reform.

This is about money for Hannity and Limbaugh and O'reilly and Ingraham and Levin.

They'll pick their establishment batons back up after Trump loses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have quite an imagine there Zaac! Or did all that info you base your, - meaningless to the issue regarding the stats given of equal and fair time, - accusations on come to you in your dreams?
    ...Don't hurt yourself trying to come up with this stuff. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I am not sure how the count was made but here is the article that I read, so perhaps you can figure it out.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2...itys-41-episode-infomercial-for-donald-trump/

• Like Like x 1