1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can't download photos from camera

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by TomVols, Dec 7, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

My wife has a new desktop running Windows Vista and we are not able to download photos from her SLR Canon via USB connection the way we did with the old camera. It doesn't have drives on disk/CD Rom and there doesn't appear to be any on the Canon website for Vista (there are some for XP). Any advice?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't use the transfer software for cameras. I open the camera as an external drive and then click and drag.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

My wife takes hundreds of pictures. Don't know if that's doable. It might be the only option so I may have to ask how this is done.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This makes no sense. Regardless of any drives if the camera is plugged in via usb and the camera is then turned on it should initiate windows downloader.

5. jackwarr

jackwarr New Member

Picasa

Typically, I just let the Microsoft scanner and camera wizard take care of it, but I've got a couple of computer/camera combinations that just don't seem to play well together. In those cases, I just use the import function of Google's Picasa, which I use to manage all of my photos. That has worked almost without fail.

Jack
    jackwwarren.com

#5 jackwarr, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008