1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cap'N Crunch vs. TV sets

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by 4ever4Jesus, Oct 4, 2010.

1. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

Hunger focuses the mind a bit too much
    Thieves take the Cap'n Crunch and Velveeta but leave the 42-inch flat-screen

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. — WYFF 4.com

Thieves in Spartanburg County must have been very hungry over the weekend when deputies said they broke into a home and raided the pantry.

The break-in happened on Kalmia Street sometime between 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, according to an incident report filed with the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said someone pried open the front door and stole the following items: a box of Cap'n Crunch cereal, Red Link sausages, Sunbeam loaf bread, Country Crock spread, Velveeta cheese and a roll of Pillsbury Grand biscuits.

The report noted that a 42-inch Vizio flat-screen TV was left in the living room undisturbed.

The owner of the mobile home told deputies that the front door was locked but pry marks were visible and her kitchen cabinets were opened.

Deputies spoke with a neighbor but he could provide no leads, the report said.

Deputies estimated the total value of the items taken at $30.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39505780/ns/us_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001:laugh:

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No veggies? That's not a very healthy theft. Yogi Bear didn't move to SC, did he? Anyway, that it wasn't a vegetarian only eliminates the suspects from 300 million to about 260 million. And that's only with the assumption that the residents had veggies there.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

That sounds like young kids who would naturally go for the edible goodies and didn't bother with the big screen TV because they couldn't lift it.

A little confession time: I was often left at home alone all through my childhood and was what was called a "latch-key kid"; I carried a key to the house. One day I went into the house next door (the door was unlocked with no one inside) and got into their refrigerator and ate some cake. The neighbors came home and saw me in their house. I ran out and ran home, and I got a beating from my dad for it; I never did that again.

The point of this story is that young kids go for the sweets instead of valuable items--unless it's a family of thieves like we had in one neighborhood. Whoever broke into my house there stole my stereo, guns, and clothing and dropped some of it on the sidewalk as they carried it down the street. They apparently didn't even have a car. I think they were teens. One of the "guns" they took was a starter pistol that was in a holster and looked like a real gun.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Jon, they're still called latch-key kids. That's even the name of the after-school program at the elementary school. I'm amazed how many people are in it. I remember being in first grade. I got myself up in the morning, got dressed, had something for breakfast, packed my lunch, walked a good ways to get picked up, got home, did my chores, went out and played, etc.. Parental units arrived in the evening.

I'm honestly shocked at how immature kids are now. My darlin' little stepkids couldn't even pour themselves a bowl of cereal when I first married their daddy. LOL Cracked me up...the poor guy is wonderful and was trying, but had no clue on when to LET GO OF SOME THINGS! I still giggle remembering him running out the door after the youngest (she was eight at the time) when he asked where she was and I said I sent her to check the mailbox.

But teens breaking in to steal food? I doubt it. It was probably a parent who wanted to feed their kids or a homeless person with no means of refrigerating perishables...or just someone who didn't want to steal more valuable stuff and saw junk food as better to steal cuz they felt bad for stealing. Teenagers that steal usually are gonna do stupid and disrespectful things while they're there and not care. Only opening the cupboards, not leaving a mess, closing the door after, all that makes me think it was someone just plain old hungry or trying to feed someone else.

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I said "young kids"--not teens. I wasn't a teen when I went into the neighbor's house and ate some cake. Teens would steal the kind of things that were stolen from me--things they can sell to get money for drugs. The shirts that were stolen from me would have appealed to teens. Although I was 37 at the time, I was young at heart and liked multi-colored shirts.