1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Capture of Warren Jeffs

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by DeeJay, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4255636

Jeffs' peaceful capture a relief for Western sheriffs

Sheriffs around the West were relieved Tuesday at the uneventful Nevada capture of Warren Steed Jeffs, the fugitive leader of a polygamist sect who had been on the run for more than 14 months.
    Jeffs, 50, was taken into custody after he and two other people were pulled over at about 9:04 p.m. Monday by a Nevada Highway Patrol trooper on Interstate 15 just north of Las Vegas, FBI spokesman David Staretz said.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am so glad they captured this evil guy. I hope he gets convicted and put in prison for the rest of his life. I've heard some of the stories of some women who have left this cult -- he marries very young girls off to older men (who are already married, of course). He's an abuser, one who pepetuates abuse, and an ungodly man.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I just had a great idea -- they should put Warren Jeffs in jail and give him John Karr as his roomie. What a pair. They would deserve each other.