1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Caravan Heading for Crawford

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 19, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Cindy's gone. Her mom had a stroke.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Could Mrs Sheehan be reaping?

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Are you asking if Mrs. Sheehan is being punished by her mother having a stroke?

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The video gives the website for this caravan as

http://www.moveamericaforward.org/

I feel sorry for Bush. He tried to go to his ranch in order to have as much of a vacation as the President of the USA ever gets--which in reality is none. When Ike played golf for exercise, they attacked him. When Bush rides a bike for exercise, they attack him.

This back and forth demonstration may show the liberal Democrats to be a minority but I think that the best thing would have been just to have laughted at the left and not to have bothered a counter demonstration. But then I believe in the domestic tranquility of the 1950s when issues were settled through government and not in today where even with gas high prices one has to drive to Texas so that the Secret Service has to contend with another demonstration and we have one-up-manship over the dirty-mouthed Mrs. Sheehan--so what?

6. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Abject fatuity, nothing more.
    This is a foolish statement, even for you, OldRegular.

The last time I checked, we have the right to free speech in this country. Whether or not I agree/disagree with what she is saying, she has the right to say what she wants. As a matter of fact, her son died defending our rights, (if you believe those who feel that the war in Iraq is justified as "defending our freedom"). Exactly what are you implying, OldRegular?

I was horrified to find such a statement on the Baptist board. Perhaps you will think the next time you click on "add reply."

Shame on you, OldRegular.

Regards despite this,
    BiR

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I certainly hope you're kidding.....

Regards,
    BiR

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha! ha!

BiR, the President, thanks to modern communications, is never out of touch nowadays. Why, he could get an e-mail telling him to return to DC right away. Note that Congress went for just as long as the President, but the Washington Post failed to mention that unless I skipped it while I was reading.

I think that he deserves some peace and quiet after kissing Indianapolis Congresswoman Julia Carson at Indiana Black Expo and I am surprised that she signed a letter asking him to see the dirty-mouthed Mrs. Sheehan.

As for the counter-demonstration, BiR, I think that they just ruin a peaceful afternoon in Texas.

Tip of the hat to you for the link showing that Bush is setting a new record for getting out of what Truman called the crown jewel of the American prison system.

BiR, can you really blame Bush for doing what you and I would do if we had any money?

9. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

Didn't Mr. Bill take a lot of vacation time? With the pressures a president faces, R&R is not such a bad thing. We oughta be looking at how little the Congress is in session, instead. On the other hand, when Congress is out of session, my wallet is safer...

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am with you, E_L, let them all take vacations and save us some money!!!