1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cardio Chek

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by PJ, Nov 9, 2009.

1. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cardio Chek tests total cholesterol, ketones, HDL cholesterol and triglycerides. It also received clearance from the Food and Drug Administration.

We recently purchased one in order to track my husband's triglycerides once a month or so at home. We've only used it once so far, but it seems to be a winner.

Just wanted to alert anyone who'd like to keep better track of these things more than once or twice a year. Cheers! :thumbs:

#1 PJ, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
  2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Gotta love modern technology!

I wonder how accurate the reading is when compared to a physician's evaluation.

3. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen reviews that say the numbers are right on, yet other reviews that question its accuracy. Since it's done on a 12 hour fast, it'd be nice to check it at home on your way to the doctor's office for a physician's blood draw. It costs just over $4 every test, so ya wouldn't want to do that too often. :smilewinkgrin: