1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carly Fiorina

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rippon, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not had access yet to either of the two debates on Fox. However, from what I have gathered --Carly Fiorina shined on the undercard.

She really impresses me with her substance. She has a mastery of facts regarding a whole range of subjects. And she speaks so well. I think she is head and shoulders above the rest of the Republican field. (Physically she may be the same height as Rand Paul --but she has him beat in her grasp of key elements and the way she delivers).

I don't she is vice-presidential material. She is certainly presidential material!

The Donald has finally crossed the line as far as I am concerned. I always knew the man had some significant negatives --but man! He is super bellicose. I tried to down-play it before. But his considerable strengths are not enough to counter his weaknesses.

So, right now, and I know it's too early to tell --I think she might head the ticket. Who will be the #2 person? Will any others enter the race? Is it too late for any others to register? Who will drop out before September?

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Carly Fiorino seems to have what it takes to beat Hillary Clinton and serve capably as our next President.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently I'm the only one on BB that watched the "kiddie table" debate on Thursday afternoon. Yes, Fiorina was effective but I think all this fawning over her is due to the fact that no one had really heard her speak before and that she was not Sarah Palin.

Rick Perry was the clear winner of that early debate. He's got credibility with his record on job creation in Texas as well as his knowledge of the illegal immigration problem.

Fiorina was articulate and knowledge on the issues. I'm embarrassed to say this but I'm guessing that most (male) Republicans are surprised that a woman could compete in the same arena as men, and thus the high marks for her performance in the debate. If people were to read the transcripts of the debate oblivious to any candidate's gender, not many would say she won the debate.

Jindal was very good as well. Santorum was good. Pataki and Jim Gilmore are likely finished. Lindsey Graham should quit but he probably won't just yet. I was shocked that almost every answer Graham gave morphed into his desire to put US troops into the Middle East and "sacrifice our young men and women for the sake of freedom". (paraphrasing)