1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Casting out Satan

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by jacob62, May 1, 2005.

1. jacob62

jacob62 Guest

I believe demons dwell in a persons body if I'm not mistaken.And if this is true,I think it might be hard to detect for the average person as Satan is very subtle.As the demon fully over takes the person,thats when the craziness happens,and you can identify it,Hitler,Charles Manson,etc.I'm not fully convinced that a Christian cant be possessed though.Everyone was looking for a degenerate with a police record in the search for the BTK killer.Turns out he was in church and a long time Lutheran and community leader.Alot of Catholic priests are in the type of trouble one would say is demon inspired.All these people Im sure said that they were saved.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know Jesus, and I know Paul, but who are you?

*scuffle*

3. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Exactly Stefan!! LOL!! ;)

Acts 19-13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
    14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
    15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
    16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Peace,

Tam

4. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Jacob,

I don't think Christians can be posessed. However, they can be bothered and attacked. And I do believe then they can reside inside a Christian.

Of course there are those on the board that will strongly disagree. However that is my opinion after doing some deliverence in the past.

Working for Jesus,

Tam

5. jacob62

jacob62 Guest

As far as I can tell, and I'll repent if I'm wrong, the people that were posessed were not bothered or attacked from outside, but from inside. I've noticed when demons were cast out they usually said "come out of him," indicating the demon or demons were inside the body. When Jesus cast out the demons, called Legion, they came out of a body, and into a herd of pigs, then into the sea, indicating the need to be inside a body.

6. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Thats the way I see it too.

Peace,

Tam

7. tamborine lady

8. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

A believer cannot be possessed nor can a demon reside (whatever that means) inside a believer. We are filled with the Holy Spirit, thus no room for demons. Many of us don't take advantage of that wonderful filling.

9. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Hillclimber said:A believer cannot be possessed nor can a demon reside (whatever that means) inside a believer. We are filled with the Holy Spirit, thus no room for demons. Many of us don't take advantage of that wonderful filling.

Tam says: and you learned this where??

Selah,

Tam

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I don't know exactly what hillclimber means by
    but I am guessing he means we do not lean on our Comforter. We try to 'find our own answers' instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to give us the words, etc.

Tam, were you questioning his other remark? Here's the scripture to back up THAT remark.

11. jacob62

jacob62 Guest

BTK was a believer.He could recite scripture too I'll bet.He was president of Christ Lutheran Church Council.

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Jacob62, just because BTK was involved with the Lutherans doesn't mean he was a Christian. I could sleep in my garage and it wouldn't make me a car.

13. jacob62

jacob62 Guest

I believe God is beginning to tear down Catholic doctrine by exposing so many priests as molesters.It looks like he hit the Lutherans as well.He did say He would clean his house.Wonder who is next?No need to verse me on Lutheran doctrine,but thank anyway.My daughter in-law's dad is a Lutheran pastor.

14. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Diane, I have read the scripture you posted. I have studied it all before. I know you will not agree with me but think about this.

Just because we are saved, I know you will agree that from time to time we do still sin.(not on purpose perhaps), but nevertheless we are not perfect. If we are not perfect then demons will be around, (or in) us.

For all those who think Christians cannot be inhabited by demons, satan has you right where he wants you and you have a big bulls eye on your back!!!

Selah,

Tam

15. jacob62

jacob62 Guest

Amen Tam [​IMG] When we think things no longer apply,watch out!Just when a Christian thinks they are too holy for this or that,Satan has them!The Troll

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

17. jacob62

jacob62 Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1John 4:4 demonstrates that it is impossible for a Christian to be possessed by a demon. To concede that a Christian could be possessed would mean that a demon can be greater than God. Impossible! The Bible states that "You are the temple of the Holy Spirit." The Holy Spirit dwells in you, i.e., the believer. The two (demonic spirit and Holy Spirit), cannot co-habit together. This is an utter impossibility. The believer can be influenced by the devil, even to the point of being oppressed by the devil--but newer possessed.
    DHK

19. jacob62

jacob62 Guest

Then perhaps many people who claim to be Christian are not really "true believers"(the ones that cast out demons,heal the sick,raise the dead,poison has no effect).They just have the label Christian and pretend that parts of the bible are out of date(the parts that they cannot do).In the bible it speaks of these false prophets,"always learning,but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." But that could not possibly be anyone on this board could it?No way!It has to be somebody else.The Catholics-Pentecostals-Jehovahs Wittness-Anybody but me! The Troll

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Like raising the dead. Have you ever raised the dead--like Lazarus--four days after he had already died and been buried. Can you do that? We'd like to see some evidence of that.

If you can't provide such evidence then I suggest that you stop bringing slurs upon those who you disagree with.
    DHK