1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Castros arrest 20 Ladies in White on Sunday.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You presume. Neither brother is mentioned in the article.

If you can cite evidence that they are, you should show the link. It is asking much to presume that everyone will take your word for truth. That would be naive.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there is no mention in your article about murders or beatings or other family members' arrests.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These has been going on for a number of years and is public information printed in such newspapers as the Wall Street Journal. Rolf, you are usually very astute so explain to me how in an island in the iron fist of racist, Stalinist Fidel Castro anything happens without his command and knowledge? Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, the Russian dissident, thought that Stalin stood behind a screen and watched the purge trials in oriental tradition. We know from survivors that Fidel and Raul have themselves murdered, especially in the early years, and there is a count of how many Che is thought to have murdered in Havana when he was in charge of a prison. Cuban population is small and Fidel has a campaign going against these mostly Afro-Cuban women who attend mass dressed in white and then carry flowers and walk around the central plazas after mass in silence because their relatives have disappeared into the Cuban gulag. So you can see how this reproach infuriates the Stalinist Castro who has never allowed free speech. Castro told the Russians in Mexico in 1953 that he was a communist. The Castros came from one of the wealthiest families in Cuba. Fidel is thought to be half-Jewish and extremely prejudiced against blacks, who were slaves for a couple of decades past the US civil war.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

In other words you don't have to show us any evidence because it's all mainstream consensus. Wow now that's a surprise coming from you. :rolleyes:

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CMG- Citations/evidence regarding your claims about the treatment of these women and their families will not be forthcoming, I presume.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be naive.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'd rather not be that's why I always ask to see the evidence. Never get to see much of it though. It's usually "what you don't believe me? You must be siding with "the devil" or "you're delusional for not blindly believing the corporate narrative like everyone else here".

Or "evidence, what's that got to do with anything?"

#27 poncho, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you talking about, Rolf? These are crimes against humanity and they have been going on for a number of years.

I myself have posted many threads about the Ladies in White and many videos. Try searching the BB.

I realize that Latin American news is difficult to find and to understand, but have you tried searching for Ladies in White, Damas en Blanco?

I am going to give you a blue chip link. Most of her work is in the Wall Street Journal and you have to pay to read it but this article made it into public domain. If you subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, read her articles about Latin America because she is considered one of the most knowledgeable Americans.

I refer to Mary Anastasia O'Grady:

http://www.cubademocraciayvida.org/web/print.asp?artID=14738

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#29 poncho, Mar 30, 2015
  10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho, this has nothing to do with you one way or another; it is about crimes against humanity and the Damas en Blanco. It has nothing to do with you.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's right it doesn't have anything to do with me.

It has everything to do with you refusing to answer a question pertaining to something you just posted as evidence.

You're not refusing to answer because you're afraid it might sound a bit hypocritical now are you?

C'mon CMG take a deep breath, calm down and try to make it sound as if I'm in league with the Castros instead of answering the question.

#31 poncho, Mar 30, 2015
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is not just Afro-Cuban Catholic Damas en Blanco under attack in Cuba but also the evangelical churches.

http://www.worthynews.com/12188-cuba-closing-evangelical-church-amid-wider-crackdown

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Or you can pretend like I never asked the question. It's okay I get a lot of that around here. :laugh:

#33 poncho, Mar 30, 2015