1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Casualness toward God and His assembly?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Alcott, Feb 22, 2005.

?
  1. I make at least as much of an effort to be on time for church as on time for work or school

85.7%
  2. It bothers me to see people habitually come to church or Bible Study late

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don’t <i>like</i> being late for church, but it’s a problem I have not worked on adequately

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am rarely late for church, and when I am it is for a valid reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I tend to ‘hang’ and talk with friends in classrooms or hallways when we need to get into our seats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I tend to hang and talk with friends up until church is actually starting, but that’s alright; we’re

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I sometimes forego Wednesday night (or other time) services if asked to work overtime—this is provid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I read one or more newspapers daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I read the Bible daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I seldom open a Bible other than at church (if then)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I study the Bible almost daily, but largely because I am a teacher who must prepare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I make plans weekly or more often for meeting my friends for leisure activities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I make plans weekly or more often for sharing the gospel

3.6%
  14. Witnessing or studying the Bible are what I might give some of my ‘free’ time for

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. “Free time—what’s <i>that</i>?”—I sometimes say this, as if to justify how little I do in some areas

3.6%
  16. I spend 2 hours or more weekly on certain hobbies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I spend 2 hours or more weekly on sharing the gospel, or seeking such opportunities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I am a minister, and I do not differentiate between ‘work time’ in sharing the gospel and ‘off time’

3.6%
  19. I try to combine leisure activities with working for the Kingdom when I can

3.6%
  20. I know I use my time the way God expects of me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I leave much to be desired in making good use of my time serving God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. I have no answer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Referring to a "suit."

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is your Sunday best? It is not an outdated suit that looks like something from thirty years ago. But you can spot those folks a mile away with their Sunday best who have been wearing the same thing since they graduated from high school.

The Sunday best is what you wear inside every day of the week.

God does not our rubbish but of loyalty and a pure heart.

Hosea 6:6, "For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, and in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings."

Psa. 51:17, ""The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

Is. 66:2, ""For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the Lord. "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

God does not look at the nice suit of clothes but "To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

So why should we do any different. To say differently than what God's word says is to blaspheme God and declare our own righteousness and standards of spirituality.

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! Preach it! [​IMG]

4. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And as to dressing for church - I teach kids ages 4 - 10. So I dress appropriately for that, which more often than not is dress pants or a long skirt.

5. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Quoted bygb93433: God does not look at the nice suit of clothes but "To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

Very true. But remember who it is you are representing as an ambassador. We present Christ to the world. Most ambassadors to the world wear suits and ties. Don't you think wearing your best for King of the universe would be appropriate as His ambassador? It is one thing to dress down for your own personal worship. But when you go to Church you have a responsibility to portray Christ as positively as possible to a lost and dying world. We are a seperated people and peculiar to the world. We shouldn't conform to their standards. We should seek to bring them to a better life through Christ. [​IMG]

Eph. 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

[ March 13, 2005, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Soulman ]