1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gup20, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

Translation: I can't prove my false doctrine through my "years" of "researching". Comon, man! You can do better than that! Lloyd showed you your own quoted doctrine. You can't refute that! </font>[/QUOTE]PAY ATTENTION...I didn't say I had anything to prove. We both know what they teach and I said I agree with them. I said I am not going to debate it.

2. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

You have no idea what you are alking about. The catholic church teaches none of this. Yes there are many false beleifs out there spread by ignorant people. Try reading the cathecism and find out the official teaching on this.

3. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

The CC teaches salvation by faith and then a lifetime of service to God, which includes good works as a result of our salvation. They teach that God gives us the grace to do charitable works.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can't find anything the the link of the OP that remotely implies that the "Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible". The only thing that comes close is the quote that reads "We should not expect to find in Scripture full scientific accuracy or complete historical precision". That is a true statement. While scripture does contain scientific accuracy and historical precision, Scripture was not written to contain full scientific accuracy, or complete historical precision.

I would go so far to say that those who insist that scripture contains full scientific accuracy and/or completele historical precision are unfortunately perverting scripture.

5. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

The Catholic Church never did swear by the accuracy or authority of the Bible. They have always allowed Canonnical Law, Papel decree, and Church tradition to comete with Biblical truth and authority.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You might as well give it up. I'm in no way attempting to "defend" the RCC, but I have in the past posted quotes from Catholic priests that say explicitly that Salvation comes from faith in Christ alone. A person who chooses to dismiss this will do so regardless of what is posted.

7. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"The CC teaches salvation by faith and then a lifetime of service to God, which includes good works as a result of our salvation. They teach that God gives us the grace to do charitable works. ""-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Encyclopedia Britanica also says this is the Catholic Churche's stance on salvation. What some independant priest believe in opposisition to the official stance of their church does not matter much except in their limitid influance.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oh, c'mon bynuon, cut me some slack here. I agreed with you on the Bush thread. Besides, I'm currently on benedryl, and a bit loopey!!!

[​IMG]

9. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

This is the whole issue. The Bible presents justification by faith alone! Catholicism presents justification by faith followed by good works.

While the overlap is visible, they are nutually exclusive because of the word "alone."

If you ignore the word alone, then you can find lots of agreement. Faith, sanctification, good works, eschatology, etc. When you add the word alone, there is no mutuality.

Lloyd
    </font>[/QUOTE]I dare you find one doctrine within the Catholic Church that is Christian(without having added tradition to it)!? I am sorry to say but there is NO agreement with Rome...

Only Christ Saves

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The Trinity
    The Deity of Christ
    The Virgin Birth

Oh wait, that's three.

11. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

You might as well give it up. I'm in no way attempting to "defend" the RCC, but I have in the past posted quotes from Catholic priests that say explicitly that Salvation comes from faith in Christ alone. A person who chooses to dismiss this will do so regardless of what is posted. </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry Johnv, but I have to say BALONEY...!

THE DAILY ROSARY FOR PEACE:
    “Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it .” (Our Lady—July 13, 1917)

DEVOTION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY:
    "Jesus wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it." (June 13, 1917)

Your priest that you mentioned obviously knows very little about what his church teaches...either that or he is "Fibbing"??

Only Christ Saves!

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

He's one of my best friend from high school, we got saved at the same time. He has Master's in Divinity, Doctor of Theology, and Doctorate of Canon Law. I trust him in these matters.

13. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

The Trinity
    The Deity of Christ
    The Virgin Birth

Oh wait, that's three.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The holy foursome...you mean?
    The Deity of Christ...which one?
    The Virgin Birth...and the perpetual virginity, and the immaculate conception, and the assumption, and the Saving power of mary?? :eek:

Oh wait, that's way more than three!

Only Christ Saves!

14. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

He's one of my best friend from high school, we got saved at the same time. He has Master's in Divinity, Doctor of Theology, and Doctorate of Canon Law. I trust him in these matters. </font>[/QUOTE]I can tell you something John...he is terribly mistaken...! I'll quote you official Catholic sources proving your priest in "error"! Don't be to trusting of anyone without checking things out yourself for sure!! ;)

Only Christ Saves!

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I disagree with the RCC's teachings on Mary. However, they don't teach that Mary is part of the Godhead. They teach the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as the Trinity. This is a scriptural doctrine.

??? The RCC teaches that Christ is God the Son. This is a scriptural doctrine.

Again, I disagree with the RCC teachings on Mary, but the fact remains that they teach the Virgin Birth of Christ. This is a scriptural doctrine.

You asked for a single RCC teaching that was in line with scriptural doctrine. I gave you three. It's clear you choose not to have an adult conversation here.
    I will choose to believe an educated, trusted, and born again friend of mine over the words of a stanger.

16. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

You had a chance at having the scales removed from your eyes... since you find it fitting to be non objective, I leave you to your beliefs...

ONLY CHRIST SAVES!

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's amusing that you're accusing me of being non-objective. I suggest you look in the mirror, pal. You will bend over backwards to refuse to acknowlege that the RCC teaches three Scriptural doctrines. I'm not in any way defending the nonscriptural doctrunes they teach. You asked for a scriptural doctrine, I gave you three. You scoff at them, and me, then then have then nerve to call me nonobjective. That's quite the laugh.

18. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

19. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

I really don't have time for people who are not interested in "knowing the truth"... However here's the link...
    Fatima

Do you want more sources? How about pictures? Not that it would make any difference I suspect... but hey, I'm just a lowly born again Christian who was a catholic for 45yrs (my whole family is also catholic both sides)...Better put your blinders on and stop up your ears cause the truth only finds a home to those who are willing to accept it!!

Only Christ Saves!

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yet you have time to evade the specifics. You have time to point the finger and play pharisee. The fact that you have dodged my points is noted. Typical. Rather than acknowlege your error, you give a copout response. More typical.