1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gup20, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

2. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

Time to start reading your Bible riverm...

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received from him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man should teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you concerning all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

It is a well known fact that Rome has been called babylon since ancient times...Which Great City sits on seven Hills..."Pittsburgh"?

If I were a "Pope" I would not have anyone submit to me for their Salvation, nor would I claim to be Vicar of Christ, nor would I put Mary on a level with Jesus(for starters)...

While all denominations do not agree on every aspect of Doctrines, no one is Saved by these denominations either! However we are all Saved by Faith alone in Christ alone!! Anyone trying to add works to that is only deceiving themselves!

The Devil also believes all of these things...hope your not trying to tell me he's saved...? :eek:

I believe in a Pre trib, the next guy believes in a Mid trib...BIG DEAL!!! We ALL Agree that ONLY CHRIST SAVES, not of our own deeds but of ONLY HIS Sacrifice at Cavalry are we saved...(Pretty Simple)...

Scripture is all about taking things into CONTEXT...We are told we should pluck out our eye if it causes us to sin...Should we do that? Lets say perchance that you have to bring the Eucharist home to give to an ailing family member(as often the case), you put it on the kitchen table and go and get the sick family member...while you are gone the family dog jumps up on the table and eats the "Wafer"...are you going to tell me that Christ now resides in your dog??? A little thought is needed here...!

Only Christ Saves

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Hmmm, I did that. You brushed me off because it left you in a quandry of error. And you then went on to make false accusations of me. If you want to have a debate without being personally attacked, look in the mirror.

4. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Now this just absurd. :rolleyes:
    This situation wouldn't even happen in a home visit. I know, I have done visits on a regular basis and taken communion to the people nearly everytime. But to answer your absurd question a RCC'er would be horrified by the idea and say yes if it were already consecrated. I would be annoyed but say no, because the promise of the Real presence is connected with the sacrament and the union between Christ and the elements is found only in the sacrament as it is received and consumed by people.

I would love to see you try this argument with a practiced RCC apologist, they would eat you alive.

Also, while the doctrine of the Real Presence is scriptural, Jn 6 is not the text to which one should go. While a Christian cannot help but see the correlation between Jn 6 and the promises of Christ in Holy Communion, it is not a text expounding on that teaching. If we are to see and explain the teaching of the Real Presence we must look to the verses where it is expounded in clearly and more fully, namely the words of institution in the Gospels, and 1 Cor 10 and 11.

5. ascund

ascund New Member

Greetings

This whole thing about debating - even with "a practiced RCC apologist" misses the point.

Our debating should bring us closer to the truths of God's Word as our theological opponents note weaknesses in our arguments and we in theirs.

Tragically, the impersonal forum is only useful for exchanging presuppositions without any real cycle of growth and coming to the knowledge of the truth.

Rather than throw "my" presuppositions against "your" presuppositions, why not simply start with God's Word. By this I mean at the basics - not throwing verses around. BobRyan and Whetstone are great examples of how useless this tactic can be.

Instead, let's look at something meaningful. I like justification. Both sides hold this to be meaningful. Since there are only 40 occurrences of this word in the Bible, the study should be "easy."

However, when I started a thread, nobody ever looked at the lexical evidences that I presented. I learned from that how useless forums can be.

Forums tend to be trivial powerless slander stages.
    Lloyd