1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Deception???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr. Walter, Aug 20, 2010.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

you just said the same thing as me in different words... =)

2. gekko

gekko New Member

just had to point that out for you Dr. Walter. =)

go therefore, and teach all nations -- meaning, teaching everyone to "observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you" -- which also consists of being "born again" or "born of the Spirit"

anyways, whole point of this post was to show you that Jesus did say "baptize."

3. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

you are right. I misread you

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm curious. Which Catholic apologists say that Rome claims people can go to heaven without baptism as a general rule?

I agree with you that these are stated as exceptions and not the general rule.

I think it is similar to how some evangelicals and baptists say that there may be rare exceptions to the rule that people need to repent and confess Christ as Lord to be saved. Those rare situations might be children under an "age of accountability", those who are disabled mentally and those who never had the opportunity to hear the gospel.

#24 Gold Dragon, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  5. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

on this forum Thinkingstuff defends the position that Rome teaches salvation is obtainable without baptism. According to thinkingstuff you are misrepresenting Rome by saying you agree with me that these are "exceptions and not the general rule."

I understand your analogy to the Baptist position about infants and mentally handicapped persons. You are right most Baptists would claim that infants and the mentally handicapped are exceptions to the general rule. However, Baptists would still be consistent that they must be regenerated by the Spirit of God and that occurs without baptism.